1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got him set up. Using another base until I can get a regular one for him. Other than the creased box everything is good... Monkey depot sells empty cases so maybe I can replace it eventually. But man, the sculpt is excellent... the pictures don't really do it justice. Mjolnir is great too.

e7ybe9eh.jpg

I wonder if SS would be willing to do anything about it. Has anyone had this problem in the past?

My Avengers Loki box arrived dented. I was almost in tears when I talked to the person at Sideshow, as Loki was the first Hot Toys I ever pre-ordered from Sideshow and I had been waiting a year for him and I wanted the box to be perfect.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, they tried to find me a replacement box/figure, but they couldn't (since there's a waitlist for Loki). I was offered a $20 credit to be applied to a future order of an in stock item if I opted to keep my Loki (which is a given). It doesn't really change the fact that my Loki box was dented, but it's something. So yeah, try calling SS. They will try to find a replacement box/figure; and if that fails, they'll probably offer some sort of credit for the damaged item.

My Avengers Loki box arrived dented. I was almost in tears when I talked to the person at Sideshow, as Loki was the first Hot Toys I ever pre-ordered from Sideshow and I had been waiting a year for him and I wanted the box to be perfect.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, they tried to find me a replacement box/figure, but they couldn't (since there's a waitlist for Loki). I was offered a $20 credit to be applied to a future order of an in stock item if I opted to keep my Loki (which is a given). It doesn't really change the fact that my Loki box was dented, but it's something. So yeah, try calling SS. They will try to find a replacement box/figure; and if that fails, they'll probably offer some sort of credit for the damaged item.
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot and call them tomorrow. Hopefully they can find me a replacement, since the box looks so cool. If not maybe I'll luck out and get credit like you did.

So I haven't received mine yet, but I heard the arms are completely rubber. So is it a figure you shouldn't really bend his arms of? If so, I'm kind of disappointed.

So I haven't received mine yet, but I heard the arms are completely rubber. So is it a figure you shouldn't really bend his arms of? If so, I'm kind of disappointed.
Damn Chev, you're just now realizing this is a rubber figure? :thud: A little late to the party mate! :wink1:

:lol sadly I think that would be exactly what they would do :lol

:exactly: :hi5:

Great great fig. Gorgeous head sculpt. The arms can bend well to represent a myriad of poses without wear and tear. Love the flying base.

I have to email sideshow as the packaging for the poncho showed up but the poncho did not. Sure do hope theyll send me one.

The subtle dirtiness of the cape is a nice touch on this figure if you ask me. It's something that they didn't really need to do and not something you really notice unless you're up close to it but I like the added detail. Overall it's a really nice figure.

I bought a regular HT stand for him. Much better than the giant stand he came with. I know they need bigger stands for the dynamic poses but they should include a regular by default.

I wonder if SS would be willing to do anything about it. Has anyone had this problem in the past?

hmmm, I havent seen anything else like that, so I don't think it will be a common trend, but I would freak if I got a box like that

If theres no outward damage done on the shipper then its factory damage. The majority of the DX 12 boxes were damaged before they even went in their shippers and Sideshow did their best to replace the boxes for customers. I never asked for a replacement because its just a box but here's a picture of how bad it was.

20140709_211508.jpg

Long hours and a lot of hard work, but things looking nice on BvS set...Just received word via photo of something waiting for me back at home.... :yess:

Finally had a chance to really futz with the figure last night.
Wow! What an improvement over the Avengers version.
I can really see Hemsworth on this sculpt compared to the previous two.
The proportions on the body is excellent. Its as good as the HT Man of Steel.
I am really impressed with this figure.

My biggest surprise is the cape. Its usually the first thing I have to mod cause every stock cape
I've owned just bugs me til I replace it with a custom. I actually love the stock cape.
I've seen many people talk about the darker weathering on the bottom of the cape and I guess in videos and
pictures, it doesnt really show much, but in hand, it is a cool effect.
Kinda reminds me of a petal of a rose, how its brighter in the fresher areas and gets darker is some areas.
Another homerun by Hot Toys.

Beautiful!

What type of lights are you using? Warm? Or? Love it! !!

Back