1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ armor and arms looking great... but the fact is looking a bit derpy.

Really can't decide whether to keep this and sell avengers thor at a loss or just stick with avengers thor and flip this one. I think I like this more, but I definitely only need one thor.

Could be a case of bad camera angle, but in hand it looks great. Joints are tight, nice balance even with the hammer in hand. I think the hammer is made of metal. Impressive.

Waiting for the inevitable cape mod ala Man of Steel. The cape looks like the least realistic, with its neat creases and all. Nice piece overall. Two thumbs up

Just got this guy a few minutes ago. Perks of living in SoCal :yess:

53503-Thor-Upvote-gif--Imgur-BjgE.gif

Could be a case of bad camera angle, but in hand it looks great. Joints are tight, nice balance even with the hammer in hand. I think the hammer is made of metal. Impressive.

Waiting for the inevitable cape mod ala Man of Steel. The cape looks like the least realistic, with its neat creases and all. Nice piece overall. Two thumbs up

Certainly could be. One eye is heavily shadowed, the other isn't.

I'm secretly hoping I don't like it, since I can sell this one for almost double what I can get for Avengers Thor. As it stands I'm planning to keep this and dump Avengers Thor. I don't love the head sculpt on Avengers Thor and the sleeves drive me crazy. Mostly I want to keep Avengers version for the Tesseract accessory.

Certainly could be. One eye is heavily shadowed, the other isn't.

I'm secretly hoping I don't like it, since I can sell this one for almost double what I can get for Avengers Thor. As it stands I'm planning to keep this and dump Avengers Thor. I don't love the head sculpt on Avengers Thor and the sleeves drive me crazy. Mostly I want to keep Avengers version for the Tesseract accessory.

I can assure you that both eyes are equal in shading (at least on my copy). Light source is coming from the left of the picture, if that helps. I don't have the Avengers Thor but I've seen it in person, and I think the Dark World's face sculpt comes closer to Hemsworth's likeness, flaring nostrils and all. I also prefer the tied back hair vs the side-parted flowy hair of the former. To each his own.

Here's another iPhone pic. Just noticed that it could've been focused better, but I just wanted to post pics quickly.

Back