1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, they're so much better, it just seems like the color pop out more.
I bought some of the warm one, I couldn't stand it, and returned it.
Gives a horrible piss yellow hue that looks unpleasant.

The weatherman reports a possible thunderstorm in my area today. According to UPS my Thor should also arrive sometime today. Any connection?

Chubbyman's photos of this figure are among my favorites, and I hope he doesn't mind my cropping one of them and zooming it out. I'm just amazed by this headsculpt. I zoomed this out on my tablet, making sure that the hair can't be seen as it would be the only giveaway that it's just a toy. Shown it to my girlfriend and she thought she was looking at Chris Hemsworth's actual photo!

Untitled-1_zps3f7ada20.jpg

What's the best detolf light Ikea carries now? I wouldn't mind ordering some for mine.

I do like their color changing dioder, but it is more expensive.
You can gauge the color to make it more white, but the best I set it to has a more blue hue in it.
It is much better than the plain Ikea dioder, more pleasant to look at.

I have the color dioders and never really use any color except white. Gets a lot of ooooohhhs and aaahhhhs though when I turn the colors on.

I had canceled this figure due to the rubber arms, but after seeing some in-hand photos I had to take a chance on it.

First impressions:

- The arms look great but I do wish Hot Toys would have used regular joints instead. The material is softer than the torso of a TTM body and creases easily if left in a bent position. The paint is alright on my figure's arms but be careful when posing. I suppose if they ever do crack in the future you could buy another muscular body and fit the chest armor over it. One more reason to go with the sleeveless version.

- The hands(especially the open hands) are darker than the arms.

- The armor was slightly misaligned but a little futzing sorted that.

- The head sculpt is perfection. It may even top my DX06 Jack Sparrow.

- The base is nicely detailed and I had no trouble getting Thor to stand without support. So much better than the MK VII BD base!

14618119399_09fdac85e2_b.jpg

14804771985_0de06cb327_b.jpg

Last edited:
- The arms look great but I do wish Hot Toys would have used regular joints instead. The material is softer than the torso of a TTM body and creases easily if left in a bent position. The paint is alright on my figure's arms but be careful when posing. I suppose if they ever do crack in the future you could buy another muscular body and fit the armor over it. One more reason to go with the sleeveless version.

Did you mean sleeved version?

No, but I should reword that :slap

I meant that if the arms ever do deteriorate one could just replace the body with a similar one. This would be impossible to do with the regular version because of the sculpted armor.

great photos, justin!

...and you made the comment...."The base is nicely detailed and I had no trouble getting Thor to stand without support...."

No concern the figure may topple over w/o some kind of support? I hate that gooseneck thin, but I'd be worried I'd come back to find the figure face-down on the shelf w/o some kind of support....

I had canceled this figure due to the rubber arms, but after seeing some in-hand photos I had to take a chance on it.
First impressions:
- The arms look great but I do wish Hot Toys would have used regular joints instead. The material is softer than the torso of a TTM body and creases easily if left in a bent position. The paint is alright on my figure's arms but be careful when posing. I suppose if they ever do crack in the future you could buy another muscular body and fit the armor over it. One more reason to go with the sleeveless version.
- The hands(especially the open hands) are darker than the arms.
- The armor was slightly misaligned but a little futzing sorted that.
- The head sculpt is perfection. It may even top my DX06 Jack Sparrow.
- The base is nicely detailed and I had no trouble getting Thor to stand without support. So much better than the MK VII BD base!

WOW :goodpost:
Very nice pictures too :clap

No, but I should reword that :slap

I meant that if the arms ever do deteriorate one could just replace the body with a similar one. This would be impossible to do with the regular version because of the sculpted armor.

Oh, I see. I'm still interested why you think sleeveless would be the better option then b/c sculpted arms would never deteriorate. Right?

Back