Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He gives himself away often. His written voice changes for one thing. If you read alot perhaps you will understand what I mean by that. Obvious attempt at a personna. Also, goes out of his way to be wrong. In a Disney discussion he called Daffy Duck one of his favorite Disney characters. Left the thread when no one took the bait. After he gets called out a bit, he stops posting for awhile, then after a few noobs have joined up, starts the whole thing all over again. He is like a fly at a pic nic. The more you shoo, the more annoying he gets.

Post of the year.

This is one badass PF... Love this pic

300248-lobo-003.jpg

Wow bro, do you often pick up two of most statues? Is it to sell or to keep Lol. I've often thought about getting two of certain statues, but I've never flipped anything so never went through with it

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

No never, I just really like it

All the statues I have sold the buyers have always got a great deal with me. I just really enjoy this hobby, I can't be bothered to flip, it's to much time & bother IMO

Last edited:
No never, I just really like it

All the statues I have sold the buyers have always got a great deal with me. I just really enjoy this hobby, I can't be bothered to flip, it's to much time & bother IMO
That's the way it should be but sadly there are those who only are in it to "flip"

That's the way it should be but sadly there are those who only are in it to "flip"

Yeah it's annoying when it's yourself trying to find an old piece but there is some good guys out there. Just not many :lol

The only annoying thing I find about flippers is when they buy up so many pieces while on PO but with SS ES's of late then you can only blame yourself if you miss out on a piece at retail now

My only worry now flipper wise is for XM pieces. If they carry on making high quality pieces with runs of 500 then there going to be a flippers wet dream

My only worry now flipper wise is for XM pieces. If they carry on making high quality pieces with runs of 500 then there going to be a flippers wet dream

That's still not a problem for current collectors. They can order the XM pieces when they go up for PO. It's the peeps that miss out or start collecting in the future that'll have to pay a premium for older XM pieces. That's pretty much the way it goes in this hobby. The nice thing is that most of the popular characters get revisited eventually. That'll allow peeps that missed out to get a character they like for a fair price. For those that just want the older pieces, they'll have to dig deep into their wallets. That's just kinda the way it's always been.

Even when I've bought things specifically to sell or trade I've never made a ton on them. If thats what people try to buy for they'll fail, completely. Its really only worth it to get a hundred here or there to put towards future statues and collect the rewards points.

And thats me being truthful.

That's still not a problem for current collectors. They can order the XM pieces when they go up for PO. It's the peeps that miss out or start collecting in the future that'll have to pay a premium for older XM pieces. That's pretty much the way it goes in this hobby. The nice thing is that most of the popular characters get revisited eventually. That'll allow peeps that missed out to get a character they like for a fair price. For those that just want the older pieces, they'll have to dig deep into their wallets. That's just kinda the way it's always been.
You also have to think, once you've bought an XM piece to sell, lets say at $650 shipped and thats being kind then you have to tack on ebay fees and shipping and profit you want to make. By the time you're done you're looking at 1k easy. Who the hell is spenfing 1k on 1/4 scale statues. Thats a limited market. So the question is, is it even worth it?

It's even tougher to be a flipper as an international customer, because you I have to make up for taxes and currency conversion fees. Generally not worth it.

You also have to think, once you've bought an XM piece to sell, lets say at $650 shipped and thats being kind then you have to tack on ebay fees and shipping and profit you want to make. By the time you're done you're looking at 1k easy. Who the hell is spenfing 1k on 1/4 scale statues. Thats a limited market. So the question is, is it even worth it?

No, it usually is not.

I've made some money on a few of my statues, but that was many years later and I didn't originally buy them with the intent to flip.

There's plenty of people out there who know PayPal will side with them if they call 'issues' that aren't there.
Buying to sell is a dangerous game and could be a lot of hassle for little reward. Just my opinion.

To be honest everything I buy is with the thought that I'm keeping it. I don't buy things because of how popular it is or how much I think it'll fetch. I buy it cause I love it and want to keep it forever if I can. Sounds lame but it's the truth. I've always wanted this stuff as a kid and now I can own it. However if it comes to selling I'd be scared especially cause of all the whacks out there the way you guys put it too lol

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with international pieces and trying to flip them. Too much risk. To be honest though, I usually only sell off my older pieces when I get tight on space and need to make room for new pieces I have coming in. It's a pain in the ass selling under those circumstances. I wouldn't have the patience to do it full time. Too many possible headaches involved.

To be honest everything I buy is with the thought that I'm keeping it. I don't buy things because of how popular it is or how much I think it'll fetch. I buy it cause I love it and want to keep it forever if I can. Sounds lame but it's the truth. I've always wanted this stuff as a kid and now I can own it. However if it comes to selling of be scared especially cause of all the whacks out there

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with international pieces and trying to flip them. Too much risk. To be honest though, I usually only sell off my older pieces when I get tight on space and need to make room for new pieces I have coming in. It's a pain in the ass selling under those circumstances. I wouldn't have the patience to do it full time. Too many possible headaches involved.

:lol since I've already come out and said what I've said I'll also say this. I never, ever, sell a statue I want unless I'm in dire straights, which luckily the job I have now kinda lets me do more than I used to. It's counter productive, The goal is to buy more statues. So if I were to buy something to sell or trade it would be something I don't want, yet something that is obviously a popular item.

It's even tougher to be a flipper as an international customer, because you I have to make up for taxes and currency conversion fees. Generally not worth it.

It can be done, I sold my Baroness after I returned my secondary market Cobra Commander that came flawed and I was disappointed with her butt. I made $75CDN on a local sale. Also I bought three Rhinos, two from the secondary market and one from SS. All were flawed, I returned SS, kept one and sold one on ebay and only made $35, definitely not worth the trouble but I was trying to get a good one for myself.

Also made about $70 on Bowen Web Hulk selling locally, I miss that guy but hopefully Glad. Hulk will fill that void, also have gray H on wl.

I feel safe in buying statues that I really like, but there is always a new cool statue on the horizon so if I happen to loose interest in one and its value has gone up I replace it.

Back