Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine today, glad I read all the size complaints before, it set my expectations low. It have a decent size & it's very wide! I inspected it quickly everything looks fine, love the paint app & all the details. the nameplate is missing a pad which makes it unbalanced. Overall, I'm happy with it & cant wait for his older brother.

If you were the winner of the Alien Warrior Legendary Scale Bust on the site you should have received an email regarding the final steps of fulfillment of your prize. It was sent out earlier this afternoon. :)

-SideshowAlex

Well I just replied to your email, waiting on my phone call. :p

Can't believe people are still going on about this being 1/3. it isn't.

got mine today, glad I read all the size complaints before, it set my expectations low. It have a decent size & it's very wide! I inspected it quickly everything looks fine, love the paint app & all the details. the nameplate is missing a pad which makes it unbalanced. Overall, I'm happy with it & cant wait for his older brother.

They all are, I asked this over on SF, very weird.

very nice the last photo, you can see how good coloring and very close to the prototype, I am very happy to get this bad boy, I only regret that I have to wait until October for my regular version !!

Those latest pictures are fantastic. If mine looks like that when I get it tomorrow I'll be happy.

You getting any of those Brown highlights on yours Matt?

I have the brown highlights but they are subtle. Those are just very good pictures from somebody that really knows how to take pictures with good lighting. Most of what you are seeing there is reflections from a light source if you really look close. Those pictures make it look nicer than it is if anything. It is still a nice little piece non the less. I am finding new scratches and chips etc every time I look at it. Many are small and insignificant but there are a lot of them.

Highlights.
2AY73CT.jpg

Seems like only mine came broken.. I have bad luck with the lsb busts. Both my P1 and P2 came broken now this one. Waiting to hear back from Sideshow.

I spilled potato and bacon cream soup all over mine yesterday. Yes, it was an accident. Need to move this and my Engineer away from the microwave.
I spilled a lot of soup on them.

Seems like only mine came broken.. I have bad luck with the lsb busts. Both my P1 and P2 came broken now this one. Waiting to hear back from Sideshow.

I bought my P1 LSB on ebay with about 8 broken dreads and chipped armor for less than $200. Luckily the seller had bagged all the broken pieces, including the tiny bits, and I was able to repair him. But I understand if I got it from sideshow directly I would want to send it back.

very nice the last photo, you can see how good coloring and very close to the prototype, I am very happy to get this bad boy, I only regret that I have to wait until October for my regular version !!

I had my regular version on flex pay and called them monday to process my last payment early. They shipped it that same day and it should be here tomorrow!

I have a white light table and DSLR camera as well as a light set up if anyone would be interested in seeing even more photos of this bust.

not sure what brown highlight u guys r talking about, does this have it?
usumydyt.jpg

That was definitely due to either his light source or something he used to bounce the light with his photo set up. You can tell based on how it keeps highlighting the edges at different angles with the brown. It would have been white if he used a white light source. Also the fact that he used a black backdrop adds to that.

Just recieved mine... Dont listen to any of the hate guys. The piece while not perfect... Is still quite amazing. Im more than pleased with this piece and the size is definately not an issue. I took cell phone pics but i may need to take pics with my kindle to display them.

I spilled potato and bacon cream soup all over mine yesterday. Yes, it was an accident. Need to move this and my Engineer away from the microwave.
I spilled a lot of soup on them.

That's unfortunate Fremen...I can only imagine how annoying that must have been. I will say that writing, "I spilled a lot of soup on them," is likely a first for issues collectors have had in the forums! :lol I do hope they cleaned up well though! :)

Just recieved mine... Dont listen to any of the hate guys. The piece while not perfect... Is still quite amazing. Im more than pleased with this piece and the size is definately not an issue. I took cell phone pics but i may need to take pics with my kindle to display them.

Many who are really hating on this piece don't even seem to have it on order, so they're just coming to cause a ruckus. It's like I said when I first posted pics: this is an item that's best seen and decided upon in person! Some of the pictures posted are great, but you won't get a true feel for the piece until it's in-hand. Glad you like it!

psimon posted this image on SF:

AlienBust.jpg

I was hoping for a shot like this. Much easier to tell what paint it actually has on it with flash, especially without glare from intense daylight. I still fear this would look too dark and flat indoors. I guess I'm just disappointed because the original 1:1 had so much color. With flash, it was overpowering, but that meant that in normal light it had great depth. Just a shame they don't make them with so much quality anymore.

Side_Alien_cc02.jpg

That's unfortunate Fremen...I can only imagine how annoying that must have been. I will say that writing, "I spilled a lot of soup on them," is likely a first for issues collectors have had in the forums! :lol I do hope they cleaned up well though! :)

It cleaned up quite nicely. Thank god.

Well I just replied to your email, waiting on my phone call. :p

You'll receive a final email for your records with all final details regarding prize fulfillment today/tomorrow then! The actual phone call you receive will be from a customer service department representative (not me) in a few weeks. Just a heads up. :)

-SideshowAlex

Back