Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to me this does look closer to what we saw on screen.

I like the blue, more like on screen rather than the greens and brown they have on the proto.

Okay, I took a few screen shots from the movie, I didn't remember the warriors appearing blue myself. The Movie does feature a lot of blue light, but the Xenos themselves are clearly black and brown primarily.

That's just this picture with a different background Matt...

200234-product-silo.png~original

There more I look at it the more I dislike the blue.

The hardest thing is that whenever you google pics for xenomorphs.. their always backlit blue. Thats the movies own fault. They were able to play tricks with the shadows and costumes and all around atmosphere by flooding the film with the blue lights. Makes you anxious and nervous. Im not upset either way this turns out. But myself personally i prefer the black and dark brown. But the blue highlights arent too bad... Its just the severe blue on the cranial ridges thats bothering me. Nothing a light scrubbing cant fix though ; )

For some reason the blue lit xenos always make me think of this poster which I've told myself for years I need to buy but haven't. tumblr_kw69lkvXT51qa1o5zo1_400.jpg
Blue paint or not, I'm still pretty excited to get my LSB soon!

I am hoping it matches the proto and not the electric blue. It will look odd when paired with the correctly painted Maquette if it is that bright blue.

Okay, I took a few screen shots from the movie, I didn't remember the warriors appearing blue myself. The Movie does feature a lot of blue light, but the Xenos themselves are clearly black and brown primarily.
It's probably just the blue tint of the film tricking peoples' minds including mine. Cause even with the screenshots you posted, I remember scenes in the movie where (I thought) they appeared blue. Ferro's death scene, Burke's death scene, Newt's capture, the elevator scene where the alien lunges at Hicks and Ripley and Hicks shoots it in the head, etc. When I think of those scenes I remember a black/blue alien.

Proto looks good with a clear background! Can't wait to see the pictures from the Con this year..

It'll likely ship out before the Con hits, so I'd be REALLY surprised if they waste any space showcasing this one. Big Chap maybe, if it's changed at all, but this one you'll likely see in-hand pics of before all that begins -- or shortly after/during! :yess:

I got an email saying my last flex pay was being pushed out to 8/20 to coincide with its release... Looks like almost 2 more months until we see this inhand,,,

Just got a new flex pay payment schedule as well. 8/20 . Seriously ?? Does sideshow really want to show it off at the con before delivering it ??or are they going to change the paint app back to the original black and dark brown... Arghhhhhh

Only scary thing is that the pieces were set to ship on the 21st... That means they were all painted. If now were waiting another month does that mean their all getting repainted or that they were all flawed somehow ???

What the hell? Since they delay every ****ing collectible they make by a month or two, why don't they just add an extra month or two on the release date from the beginning so we don't end up being disappointed?

So annoying.

I must be thinking of the scene in the Queens chamber - they clearly look blue there, due to the lighting of course.

Plus the old HT warrior & the revoltech figures are blueish, so that gets mixed up in my brain.

Alien01.jpg~original

Alien02.jpg~original

Alien03.jpg~original

I just noticed while taking the screen caps you can see the jaw on the suit in the last pic has come away from the teeth and is hanging down to his chest.

It's probably just the blue tint of the film tricking peoples' minds including mine. Cause even with the screenshots you posted, I remember scenes in the movie where (I thought) they appeared blue.
I must be thinking of the scene in the Queens chamber - they clearly look blue there, due to the lighting of course.

Yeah the film has a blue tint to it that plays with the mind. I intentionally choose screenshots where torches are being pointed at the xenos to show their true colours. So even in the same shots they can appear different a few frames later once the torch light has passed. In this case I'd rather have the brown and black look, but a blue hue wouldn't be the end of the world for me as long as it is subtle.

Just got a new flex pay payment schedule as well. 8/20 . Seriously ?? Does sideshow really want to show it off at the con before delivering it ??or are they going to change the paint app back to the original black and dark brown... Arghhhhhh

Oh really?? It is more likely they aren't ready yet. That would explain why when I asked for a shipping quote yesterday, they told me they can't provide one as they still don't have the box dimensions, I thought that was weird given that we are almost half way through the month they are due to ship out. As long as they look good when they finally arrive I'll be happy.

Damn, that's frustrating...try to schedule money so it all works out and then delays throw it all out the window. This was announced last year during this month too...14 months? Bah, that's annoying. Was looking forward to it arriving this month and getting the payments out of the way.

Damn, that's frustrating...try to schedule money so it all works out and then delays throw it all out the window. This was announced last year during this month too...14 months? Bah, that's annoying. Was looking forward to it arriving this month and getting the payments out of the way.

I just direct deposit a certain amount each check into the account sideshow draws from... So when they push things out the $$ still keeps going in... Seems to have worked well so far... :duff

Back