1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always hated rooted hair on figures, although the Alien Ripley looks awesome with it. I'm sure it could be fixed with better paint, galactiboy made Drake look great after he repainted it.

I'm not a fan of rooted (Ripley does look good though), I was thinking of the old shave and glue method, like Elvis1976 does on his, or if you are familiar with the military figures side, Tony Barton does amazing work with hair on his figures: https://www.antheads.co.uk/galguide

I wouldn't doubt it, try to sell as much potato Drakes as possible before we get another dud. I'm limiting my expectations on how good, or bad it will be. Either way, it's going to be the only Snake made for quite a long time... or ever... so I'm getting it regardless.

Maybe get someone on here to repaint it, if it turns out the same way.

I can't imagine anyone else will be approaching this license in 1/6... even for Sideshow it's a bit of a long shot. Star Wars and comic properties are sure things, cult movies from the 80's, not so much :lol

Still, even with the fears about Drake the exclusive is back on the waitlist.

Yup, I don't see s 1/6 Plissken being offered by anyone again.

And besides, SS is always hit n miss. Drake was the miss so maybe Snake is a hit....

I believe it will be the same body and it's a solid design... It's got a slightly odd rubber stomach and waste that I'm not a fan of, but overall a really nice option for 1/6 figures. I bought 2 of them loose and will soon be using both for other customs.

Also I need to figure out what feet (if any) are compatible with it... it's a very large ball joint that's part of the lower leg.

I believe it will be the same body and it's a solid design... It's got a slightly odd rubber stomach and waste that I'm not a fan of, but overall a really nice option for 1/6 figures. I bought 2 of them loose and will soon be using both for other customs.

Also I need to figure out what feet (if any) are compatible with it... it's a very large ball joint that's part of the lower leg.

Good to know, thanks. Does anyone know whether the hair is going to be a separate piece?

Definitely getting excited for this release, it's been a long time coming. Don't know if being excited is a good or bad thing though.

Straight up ordered. I wish I could get it in time to have Carpenter sign it in Chicago, but whatever. Easily one of my favorite characters and it looked legit at SDCC. I wish SSC would do a whole damn John Carpenter line. I'd buy Piper from They Live and the Aliens, Duke of NY.

This figure reminds me of SSC early toys in the sense of cult status. Yeah they got big guns like Star Wars and Marvel now, but damn, those Highlander toys. It'd be cool to see those 2.0 style with their new standards.

PCS is making MacReady from The Thing. I'd like someone to do Jack Burton, Blake from The Fog, a definitive Myers from the 78 film, and the Blairmonster.

Will we get any early shots of the production figure before it ships or are the prototypes all we have to look at until then?

Will we get any early shots of the production figure before it ships or are the prototypes all we have to look at until then?

Usually we see pictures of the production figure out of Hong Kong about a week or so before it starts shipping out from Sideshow. But that's if the usual guys over there are interested enough in Plissken to buy the figure.

Back