1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first Sideshow and I almost ordered the nathan drake figure but didn't because the flex payment were on the same months and I couldn't afford to payments at the same time, but glad I didn't. So after that fiasco I totally was worried about this because we were not gonna get another figure unless if it was a custom or the Neca mego that looks awesome. if this figures hits I will be open for Beetlejuice if it doesn't conflict with any of the Awesome Hot Toys Releases for next year.

have other figures from SS in the past been as bad as Drake though?

if they **** up this i would honestly return it for a refund,because the Drake fiasco was unacceptable.

Sideshow figures always look bad. The prototypes are always painted nicely even back when they were heads and shoulders below hot toys and they always find a way to **** it up during production. At the beginning of this thread some guy was going on ranting and raving about all these supposed ways sideshow has revolutionized their production process and will now put out quality projects. I said I'd believe it when I saw it and sure enough Nathan drake looked like crap. What's worse is that are charging hot toys prices now and delivering sub par product.

I wish they just let hot toys do the human figures from the licences they have.

At the very least, hopefully they've learnt from the Nathan Drake fiasco.
Generally companies that have a massive screwup try to ensure their next release is a little better.

On top of that, most people think it was the new eye system that caused all the problems ....hopefully with Snake being one eyed, the idea of using the new eye system would have seemed to much effort from the start instead of just painting the one eye ....

We should pot our concern on their facebook page.Not that it helps,but we can try.

Last edited:
if padawan Obi is the benchmark, than it truly is a sad state of affairs. I agree it probably is their best human figure, and its still probably 30% hot toys quality.

I'd have to disagree. I think their very best human figure was/is Baroness but she isn't based on a human sculpt.

I'd say their best human likeness was the clone sculpt based on Temuera Morrison.

I recently got a Hawk head from a member to paint up and alter... but honestly I thought the paint work on him was very solid. Maybe a bit diffuse looking, but miles ahead of how the Drake head turned out.

Kenobi was both a well done sculpt and paint as well, I was just let down by the too thick lightsaber and the body on mine was a real pain. I sold him pretty soon after I got him in.

So a lot of people canceled? Looks like less than 70 Exclusives came back up for PO.
I think the sculpt still looks good. With less lighting, it will look awesome.
Come on, it's ****in Snake Plissken. This is a must
I'm hoping we get an LA version too.

Back