Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't believe how many big names SS have thrown at us so quickly. You used to be lucky to see 2 big names coming Marvel wise but now we're got Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Dr Doom & more. Apparently Dare Devil which I want BAD & that's not even mentioning the DC stuff :horror

Great time to be a collector though

Very true mate but with Sideshow throwing all these pieces at us at a rate of knots, I cant help but feel their level of QC is suffering because of it! I'd be quite happy to PO say 4 or 5 pieces a year (but with proper strict QC on all of them) rather than 9 or 10 pieces that in the end I have to end up fixing myself to make it look as close to the proto as possible....

Sadly, Sideshows QC issues have deteriorated since I started collecting over 2 years ago....now its like your kinda crapping your pants each time you unseal that Styrofoam (which ironically still has the QC sticker on it!) :lol :lol

Very true mate but with Sideshow throwing all these pieces at us at a rate of knots, I cant help but feel their level of QC is suffering because of it! I'd be quite happy to PO say 4 or 5 pieces a year (but with proper strict QC on all of them) rather than 9 or 10 pieces that in the end I have to end up fixing myself to make it look as close to the proto as possible....

Sadly, Sideshows QC issues have deteriorated since I started collecting over 2 years ago....now its like your kinda crapping your pants each time you unseal that Styrofoam (which ironically still has the QC sticker on it!) :lol :lol

Well said , mate...Since I do not have any experience buying a GG statue before and am considering either Black Widow or Artemisia, How is their QC ??

11 PO's!!! :horror :horror that's incredible Morph...is that your average per year would you say? :thud:

LoL. :lol I never really thought about it. I don't even have that many compared to some. Some buy just about everything, but not me. Just been a busy year with a lot coming out with Winter Soldier, Batman 66, Star Wars, TDK Armory. I don't collect Iron Man3, or Thor DW. I hope after this year things will wind down. I don't plan to get anything from Marvel (GOTG or Avengers 2) other than Cap America 3 which is a few years away. Batman vs. Superman is a few years away. Im new to collecting 1/6 Star Wars Original Trilogy, so not sure what will be next?

I would love to get this GG Black Widow, but I think i will be holding off.

Well said , mate...Since I do not have any experience buying a GG statue before and am considering either Black Widow or Artemisia, How is their QC ??

Thanks :duff in regards to GG's standard of QC, I have to be honest and say i'm not familiar with them as I've only ordered the 'Kneeling Down' Darth Vader statue from them and that arrived in perfect condition so you cant really base an opinion off one order. I've not heard too many bad vibes from GG collectors other than the length of time they have to wait for a new piece to be shipped...which is nothing new in this hobby :lol

LoL. :lol I never really thought about it. I don't even have that many compared to some. Some buy just about everything, but not me. Just been a busy year with a lot coming out with Winter Soldier, Batman 66, Star Wars, TDK Armory. I don't collect Iron Man3, or Thor DW. I hope after this year things will wind down. I don't plan to get anything from Marvel (GOTG or Avengers 2) other than Cap America 3 which is a few years away. Batman vs. Superman is a few years away. Im new to collecting 1/6 Star Wars Original Trilogy, so not sure what will be next?

I would love to get this GG Black Widow, but I think i will be holding off.

:) after reading your post Morph, I only thought one thing....thank god for your wallet that you don't collect IM3 figures aswell otherwise you'd be adding another 12 PO's ontop of your other 9 or 8!!! :lol :lol

Thanks :duff in regards to GG's standard of QC, I have to be honest and say i'm not familiar with them as I've only ordered the 'Kneeling Down' Darth Vader statue from them and that arrived in perfect condition so you cant really base an opinion off one order. I've not heard too many bad vibes from GG collectors other than the length of time they have to wait for a new piece to be shipped...which is nothing new in this hobby :lol

:) after reading your post Morph, I only thought one thing....thank god for your wallet that you don't collect IM3 figures aswell otherwise you'd be adding another 12 PO's ontop of your other 9 or 8!!! :lol :lol

Yes, no kidding! LoL. Most of my collection is TDK Trilogy, and there were plenty of those. But if I was an IM collector I would be psyched they are making
so many because thats what I would want, for them to make as many as they can from a single movie franchise.

For Winter Soldier, because I loved it so much, I want them to make EVERYTHING!!!! :lol

I bought 3 of the sucker punch girls (still regret selling babydoll but greed got the better of me) and was never disappointed with sculpt or paint (unlike SS which appears to be random). Personally I think they can pull this off and for once its a big name character and actress (no offence to Emily Browning). Can't wait!

We waited for Iron Man MK VI LSB. That set the bar for stupid long waits. If I wait an extra few months for this it will be no biggie.

Bringing some fresh life into this thread with a latest pic from Comic Con. Got this on Pre Order :yess:

e3e5ajy6.jpg

Ooo she's looking great!! GG's Cap is underwhelming compared to SS's but I will definitely pick up GG's BW. :rock

Back