The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a real head-scratcher...what is happening between Microsoft and Activision?

I've heard everything from game-breaking bugs...to video resolution issues...to Corporate business challenges...

Ridiculous. If this keeps happening...it might be time to buy a PS4...

If xbox one can play dead rising, Titanfall, forza, ryse son of Rome and battlefield 4 all graphically superior. It sure as hell can play spiderman 2 Lmao. This is either an issue with the developers not able to scratch together a good port of the game or an issue with Activision and Microsoft Activision has this game scheduled to be released on 7 systems that drop on the same day. Sounds to me like they had a small development team working on spidey 2 and the couldn't deliver. To say that it's time to buy a Playstation 4 because xbox can't handle this game is Ludacris my friend's........ And down right absurd to the point that I'm actually using those words Lololololololololol

Haven't played a spiderman game since the edge of time dunno if I ever want to again.

This is a real head-scratcher...what is happening between Microsoft and Activision?

I've heard everything from game-breaking bugs...to video resolution issues...to Corporate business challenges...

Ridiculous. If this keeps happening...it might be time to buy a PS4...

If xbox one can play dead rising, Titanfall, forza, ryse son of Rome and battlefield 4 all graphically superior. It sure as hell can play spiderman 2 Lmao. This is either an issue with the developers not able to scratch together a good port of the game or an issue with Activision and Microsoft Activision has this game scheduled to be released on 7 systems that drop on the same day. Sounds to me like they had a small development team working on spidey 2 and the couldn't deliver. To say that it's time to buy a Playstation 4 because xbox can't handle this game is Ludacris my friend's........ And down right absurd to the point that I'm actually using those words Lololololololololol

I took as Bardoon saying if games we care about are not being released on XBOX one , for whatever reason, technical or business wise, then we need to move on from XBOX one and go to the console that is getting the games, PS4. Not that the Xbox One cant handle this game.

I notice that the Injustice Ultimate edition is also not released for Xbox One. Seem slike when companies need to drop a console version due to time restraints, its the xbox one that gets dropped. I wonder if this has to do with sales numbers of both consoles or just it is harder to port to the Xbox one, then it is on PS4.

People have speculated that because Amazing Spider-man 2 is a SONY property, that they don't want a copy of their LICENSED game on a competitor's next-gen console (they don't care about last gen, hence why it's on the 360). And are putting pressure on Activision.

That's a stretch...but I've never heard of that before. There's also rumors that Microsoft wants the game to be Kinect compatible and Beenox/Activision is still working out the bugs.

Bottom-line, if this is Microsoft's fault, this is shooting themselves in the foot. This is going to make business with game developers AND publishers troublesome in the future. I know ASM2 isn't a blockbuster game but still...

Oh and thank you Roc. That is exactly what I meant.

I'm X-BOX ONE all the way, but if it isn't going to providing me with all the games I want, then I'm going to have to get the PS4. That's exactly why I got a PS3 eventually after I had gotten a 360. I would prefer to stick with the XBOX ONE but if this becomes a common issue in the near future, then I need to get the console that is actually receiving the games.

I'm still tempted to PO this for PS4. Just finished Tomb Raider, so I'm ready for another. Graphics look awesome, as does game play. I've just played so many of these SM games that I'm still undecided....

Wow. Looks horrible. I seem to remember the first game at least had garfields likeness didnt it?

Has it been confirmed whether or not the web mechanics will include actual anchor points? I know it sounds dumb, but that's a huge deal to me.

Ehhhhhh.....I don't know about this now. :lol

I was bored watching that. :(

I want to like it though.

Has it been confirmed whether or not the web mechanics will include actual anchor points? I know it sounds dumb, but that's a huge deal to me.
Yeah there was video of one of the dev saying " if there is nothing for you to latch on, then you just fall"

Back