Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured this was as good a place to post as any since we discussed hobbit bodies.
Here is a comparison of the Star Ace Harry Potter child body with the Sideshow hobbit body. I've painted the lower legs of the hobbit. I'm not sure why the bending - the joints are kind of soft on the hobbit, although he holds poses pretty well. The HP body is extremely sturdy and seems to be an even harder plastic than HT uses.

The HP body doesn't have the up/down shoulder movement of the SSC body, but otherwise has the same articulation.

To make the HP body into the same height as the SSC hobbit I think the thigh, lower arm and center torso would need to be shortened. Otherwise should be about the same.

HPfront.jpg

HPside.jpg

HPback.jpg

If that HP body could be shortened, it would work very well for the hobbits. Better than the Sideshow body, I think, as he proportions through the torso and butt are better. That body is slimmer, which would make the hobbits look far less bulky when you add their many layers of clothes.

Question for Asmus, you mentioned a special surprise with the morgul lord. Could you expand on what might be in the works? With you guys coming through with a new body (outstanding ethic btw) and your comments, I was curious if we can expect another witchking release (or a different VERSION). Anything you can add?
Hi Wor-Gar,
it is 45 cm tall,
sorry I need to find it out from the factory,
so it took a bit longer.

Question for Asmus, you mentioned a special surprise with the morgul lord. Could you expand on what might be in the works? With you guys coming through with a new body (outstanding ethic btw) and your comments, I was curious if we can expect another witchking release (or a different VERSION). Anything you can add?

We will have 250 pc Morgul Lord with the new body sold again with the special event. Everything else will be exactly the same, so need to buy it if you already own a Morgul Lord,

The special event is .... Fell Beast bust.

It is way too big, we can only manage to manufacture a bust (head and neck and little bit where ML seats)
Will be made in super limited number. Really don't see it sell well because of the price and size, but, if we have ML and Eowyn, it is hard to image we don't have fell beast in our product line.

wow fell beast!!

Will the Fell Beast be offered by itself, or will it only be sold with the limited 250 run of Morgul Lords? Id love to get one for the Morgul Lord I already have when it's offered :)

We will have 250 pc Morgul Lord with the new body sold again with the special event. Everything else will be exactly the same, so need to buy it if you already own a Morgul Lord,

The special event is .... Fell Beast bust.

It is way too big, we can only manage to manufacture a bust (head and neck and little bit where ML seats)
Will be made in super limited number. Really don't see it sell well because of the price and size, but, if we have ML and Eowyn, it is hard to image we don't have fell beast in our product line.

WHAT!!!!!???????????? NO!!!!! Impossible!!!!!

I want a Fell Beast Head!!!

Will it be sold without the Morgul Lord? I have the first WitchKing and certainly don't need another one, but I would seriously consider a Fell Beast Head on its own.

And since you're doing that.... please consider Durin's Bane BALROG!

What is this attachment??????

Wheeeeere do I buy this? I know it isn't available yet... but when you say "special event" Asmus, does that mean it will be available at a convention or something, a specific website, or will retailers like bbts just get a limited number of them?

I must have this.

Sounds absolutely fantastic!!!! I definitely want one to go with my Morgul Lord. I am anxious to know roughly how large it will be, how it will be set up for display and rough price range and date available.

HO.

LEE.

SHEEEEEEEET!!!!

This is beyond awesome. :horror

I was just thinking about this EXACT thing a few days ago! I almost posted something in the Eowyn thread about how a severed Fell Beast head would make a cool display option, but I figured that would be crazy to ask for!

You guys rock.

Hard.

:clap:clap:clap

Wow! Asmus, I have to say with all the love you are showing the Lord of the Rings and the amount of interaction you are having with us I am thrilled that you have this license.

Once Sideshow closed the door on 1/6 figures for Lord of the Rings, I never thought it would open up again and if you told me someone would pick up the license not in my wildest dreams would I have thought a company would jump so deep into the property that I'd be getting a Ringwraith on a Horse, Gothmog, Gurtiz, Build-An-Orc or even Eowyn. . . . and a fell beast head!!! :clap :clap

I really hope this line works really well for the company and lasts for years to come.

Back