Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap

I need to apologize to my boss then...

Gave him a tough time on this choice....

:lol

Yes, tell him there's plenty of us here that really want Saruman... and any and all villains you guys see fit to make. Believe it or not, I bet a Grima Wormtongue and a Denethor would be equally as popular.

My guess(our guess)
may be 500... she isn't so hot after all.

Thank you! Sounds like a safe number.

No near plan for Sam and Frodo, I would say hold on to Sideshow ones, they are actually the better ones in their line. Especially Sam, the accessories are very sweet !!

As for Morgul Lord, all I know is that we have held back a very small amount for a special "thing" !

Replacement will likely to go with Eowyn (free with purchase), we are waiting for the samples at moment. :D

So Asmus, is the plan for your Merry and Pippin figures to be in the same scale as the Sideshow Hobbits then?

Also, any chance of seeing a sneak peek photo of anything from The Hobbit before the end of the year, or are we too far away to see an early sculpt of Bilbo (or whoever)?

Asmus said next up to preview after Aragorn was two Hobbits, one male and one female, so its got to be from the new Hobbit movie because I don't think they plan to make Sam's wife.

I would say Saruman should prove to be a solid choice. He's one of my favorite characters anyways.

They say two Hobbits characters. I believe they mean two characters from the Hobbit movies (not Hobbits), thays probably why they mention that there are no dwarfs yet.

I think that probably means two characters from the Hobbit movies, not two actual hobbits. My guess would be Tauriel and Bard (since Legolas was mentioned separately).

EDIT: Beat me to it!

I guess Bucky is right about the characters... allthough thinking about the whole line Elrond could also make sense.

I guess Bucky is right about the characters... allthough thinking about the whole line Elrond could also make sense.

Ooh. Forgot about Elrond. His reddish riding armor from the first movie would look pretty fantastic! Or the gold First Age armor from the LOTR prologue and the upcoming movie would rock, too.

Thinking about the upcoming movie also Galadriel might make sense... but I believe Tauriel will and should have priority.

There's too much awesome happening in this thread right now. I need to lay down for a minute.
I'm excited about some of the announcements for sure. No disrespect to the collectors who are psyched about The Hobbit releases but I would have rather they focused on the LOTR. Some figures I was hoping would be made I'm not so sure will be now. Oh well, great news for you Hobbit fans.

I hope someone is keeping track of all the schedules and figures promised. I'd love to see a list of what we know is getting made and in what year approx.

Sounds like a job for Hoodonit.

I'm also more for LOTR figures than Hobbit. I think over time the LOTR will remain the stand-out. Hobbit really is LOTR-lite. I might take a few from the Hobbit, but the majority of my interest is in LOTR.

I hope someone is keeping track of all the schedules and figures promised. I'd love to see a list of what we know is getting made and in what year approx.

Sounds like a job for Hoodonit.

I'm also more for LOTR figures than Hobbit. I think over time the LOTR will remain the stand-out. Hobbit really is LOTR-lite. I might take a few from the Hobbit, but the majority of my interest is in LOTR.
:rotfl:lol:rotfl. Oh you were serious? I'm way to disorganized for something like that.

I'm also more in on this line for the LOTR figures.

Back when I was a kid, all of my music was on vinyl records. (Because I'm old.) And the best analogy I can come up with is that the LOTR movies are the #1 hits for me, and the Hobbit movies are the B-sides. I like them, they have a familiar sound, they're by my favorite band, but they're just not the songs that make me dance.

That said, I might pick up a few figures from The Hobbit if they look good. A really kitted-out Thorin could be pretty great.

The order will be as follow...

1.Aragorn = next

2. Then we will have 2 Hobbits characters. (both WIP) to go long the movie...
One female, one male, no dwarfs yet.

3.Legoas (WIP)

4.Saruman (WIP)

5.Then we will have a team focus on halfing/dwarfs,
so Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and Mery/Piippen will like to happen together next year.

6.Then will jump to Urak-hai , Azog... Big orcs.

There will always be characters in between.

This is the big picture we draw, it may vary because it is for 3 years, but it is a bottom line we would like stick with.

I will sneak peak Saruman, because I would think he is a less favor character....

View attachment 128708

Reposting for awesomeness....

No near plan for Sam and Frodo, I would say hold on to Sideshow ones, they are actually the better ones in their line. Especially Sam, the accessories are very sweet !!

As for Morgul Lord, all I know is that we have held back a very small amount for a special "thing" !

Replacement will likely to go with Eowyn (free with purchase), we are waiting for the samples at moment. :D

So now that I sell my Witch King the replacement body rematerializes? Lol. Hopefully I can get it back with this special "thing". Such an amazing figure but the slow releases, my disinterest in gothmog and guritz and the bad body on Witch king with what I thought was never going to be a replacement body compelled me to sell him. I would like to get it back one day, particularly if you are going to rerelease Witch King.

Back