Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I would love to see hobbits in the correct scale, I totally agree with you. At this point you are only asking people to wait for Gimli, Merry and Pippin to complete the fellowship but if you change the hobbit scale it goes to needing 5 of the 9 and that could take a long time to get. If they use the scale of Sideshows it will probably make the clothing easier to make and it will allow the body to be used for both dwarf and hobbit with minimal changes.

Who knows maybe Sideshow would even be willing to sell the body since they have been putting it to so much use after designing it.

I believe that SSC developed the hobbit body with HT - the tool dies may still exist in some Chinese factory and perhaps they could be purchased from HT or SSC. The Star Ace Harry Potter body is just a bit taller than a SSC hobbit. About the right height for a dwarf. Perhaps a deal could be made there...

I believe that SSC developed the hobbit body with HT - the tool dies may still exist in some Chinese factory and perhaps they could be purchased from HT or SSC. The Star Ace Harry Potter body is just a bit taller than a SSC hobbit. About the right height for a dwarf. Perhaps a deal could be made there...

Sounds like a good plan,
but any one has any idea if the Star Ace body is good ?

Sounds like a good plan,
but any one has any idea if the Star Ace body is good ?

Yes, the body is excellent. I haven't disrobed my early Harry sample, but all the joints are tight, he can pose just about any way you would want. My only problem with it may be the hard hands - I'd like hands that are softer and easier to get accessories into, but they go on and off the wrists easily.

Yes, the body is excellent. I haven't disrobed my early Harry sample, but all the joints are tight, he can pose just about any way you would want. My only problem with it may be the hard hands - I'd like hands that are softer and easier to get accessories into, but they go on and off the wrists easily.

Properly because it is the prototype? so the hands are hard?
but it sounds promise, may I PM you for their contact?

The order will be as follow...

1.Aragorn = next

2. Then we will have 2 Hobbits characters. (both WIP) to go long the movie...
One female, one male, no dwarfs yet.

3.Legoas (WIP)

4.Saruman (WIP)

5.Then we will have a team focus on halfing/dwarfs,
so Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and Mery/Piippen will like to happen together next year.

6.Then will jump to Urak-hai , Azog... Big orcs.

There will always be characters in between.

This is the big picture we draw, it may vary because it is for 3 years, but it is a bottom line we would like stick with.

I will sneak peak Saruman, because I would think he is a less favor character....

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-04 a la(s) 19.27.34.jpg

The order will be as follow...

1.Aragorn = next

2. Then we will have 2 Hobbits characters. (both WIP) to go long the movie...
One female, one male, no dwarfs yet.

3.Legoas (WIP)

4.Saruman (WIP)

5.Then we will have a team focus on halfing/dwarfs,
so Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and Mery/Piippen will like to happen together next year.

6.Then will jump to Urak-hai , Azog... Big orcs.

There will always be characters in between.

This is the big picture we draw, it may vary because it is for 3 years, but it is a bottom line we would like stick with.

Asmus-- Are you guys planning to do your own Sam & Frodo figures, or should we hold onto our old Sideshow ones?

Also, is the plan to just release a replacement body for the Morgul Lord, or will there was a Morgul Lord figure with the replacement body released as well?

Asmus-- Are you guys planning to do your own Sam & Frodo figures, or should we hold onto our old Sideshow ones?

Also, is the plan to just release a replacement body for the Morgul Lord, or will there was a Morgul Lord figure with the replacement body released as well?

No near plan for Sam and Frodo, I would say hold on to Sideshow ones, they are actually the better ones in their line. Especially Sam, the accessories are very sweet !!

As for Morgul Lord, all I know is that we have held back a very small amount for a special "thing" !

Replacement will likely to go with Eowyn (free with purchase), we are waiting for the samples at moment. :D

WHAT!? Less favored? No way! I am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited to add Saruman! Much more so than seeing another Aragorn or Legolas.

This is great news!

:slap

I need to apologize to my boss then...

Gave him a tough time on this choice....

Back