Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe you sold him because of the crap body?

That's not the reason really. I'm selling a ton of stuff and plan to get either the Weta 1/6 statue or the PF Witch King. Really me not wanting to get guritz and gothmog helped push me over the edge to sell too. Feels like gandalf will never come... yes, I'm being irrationally impatient.

The other reason is that I wanted to sell two other figures and someone only wanted to buy them with witch king, so I sold him to unload the other two figures and got like $600. I did plan to get Witch King again down the road... hopefully it will be for around $200 or less. I'm intrigued by this special "thing". The Witch King figure is incredible.

Asmus, can you say which month your current figures will be released this year?

Gandalf has already been released (and should arrive in the States next month).

What about Eowyn? Nazgul? Nazgul with Steed?

Specifically I'm wondering if the Nazgul and the Nazgul with Steed are being released the same month. (Those two are a little pricey if they come out at the same time.)

Ooh. Forgot about Elrond. His reddish riding armor from the first movie would look pretty fantastic! Or the gold First Age armor from the LOTR prologue and the upcoming movie would rock, too.

Love the noldor armor and weaponry. Also the guards from Thranduil's palace

Ohhh yeahhh. Saruman is gonna be awesome. Never enough of Mr. Lee in my collection. Elrond please. Any of the elvish armors are awesome to me.

Count me in as one of the huge supporters of Saruman, love him. We know that they teased a Mouth of Sauron and said they were doing Sauron himself as well so not sure how those guys fit into the scheme but overall I think their plan sounds awesome. I would love a non-mangled face orc in there too besides Azog and Urkhai maybe even one on a warg!

I have the Nazgul and steed and Eowyn pre-ordered now but keep them coming, I will get a second job if I have to.

Just as a wishlist item.. Treebeard would kick a$$.

See Asmus, Saruman is getting much love here.

I would also like to chime in about Mouth of Sauron.... who was teased a bit but has since fallen behind the newer announcements. Is there any hint or timing you can share about when we might see more of MOUTH OF SAURON? Or when he might come up for preorder?

Great list. But still no Arwen? I'm assuming Tauriel is the female from the Hobbit movie. Legolas and Saruman will be great additions. What about Boromir?

The order will be as follow...

1.Aragorn = next

2. Then we will have 2 Hobbits characters. (both WIP) to go long the movie...
One female, one male, no dwarfs yet.

3.Legoas (WIP)

4.Saruman (WIP)

5.Then we will have a team focus on halfing/dwarfs,
so Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and Mery/Piippen will like to happen together next year.

6.Then will jump to Urak-hai , Azog... Big orcs.

There will always be characters in between.

This is the big picture we draw, it may vary because it is for 3 years, but it is a bottom line we would like stick with.

Saruman definitely in the top 5 figures that are needed.

I'd hope that we'd get Arwen before Tauriel though.

Saruman definitely in the top 5 figures that are needed.

I'd hope that we'd get Arwen before Tauriel though.

I'd agree if not for that Arwen never did any battling... she would look great, but I'll take the Orc killer before the Aragorn kisser. :)

I'd agree if not for that Arwen never did any battling... she would look great, but I'll take the Orc killer before the Aragorn kisser. :)

No battling? What about summoning the river to drown the Nazgul? That's pretty bad ass witchery!

Yes, it is... but unless the figure comes with a river and a horse, I'm not too sure that a head sculpt of Arwen whispering gently makes for a badass figure lol.

Good one :)

I will take her like this please...

arwen-6.jpg

Or on a horse:

Arwen_onhorse.jpg

Asmus, I love your plans so far! You'd be shocked at how popular certain things are that you don't think will sell as well though! Eowyn might do really well for you guys. There are so few 1/6th female figs out there, and none from LOTR's. She also has her dernhelm stuff which makes her perfect for posing with the amazing morgul lord. I'm down for her for sure.

Saruman is a fig we have all lusted after for a long time. I plunked down 60 bucks to someone on here towards buying fabric for a saruman figure he was going to make, and then he never did it. So yeah.. as much as it pains me to spend even more, i'll absolutely buy your Saruman fig! Make sure to include the Palantir, and stuff like that! Would be great to have things like his book with the balrog or aragorns ring displayed as pictures, etc. Two headsculpts would be perfect for him two, one wizardly wise looking one, and one crazy animated one from when him and gandalf fight. But that's just me dreaming! :)

I'd consider an Arwen, but I understand there is not a lot of desire for her. I in truth have no interest in tauriel. I'd buy a galadriel before either of them really!

Things that would sell big for you amongst fans would probably be the ones like Theoden (especially if you did him with his clothing, and then had his armor as add on. I would snap up an armored theoden in a heartbeat. I'd even buy his horse snowmane! haha.. Eomer in armor as well, easy buy for me. Nobody really does anything Rohan.

Point is, there are plenty of us who would buy a lot of the figures your boss or company might not consider as hot sellers. That's why it's important for you to keep checking in with the fans. We are great at telling people what we want, we just don't usually get listened to! lol. Sideshows gross mismanagement of the line baffled so many of us who were waiting to keep collecting. Glad you guys are doing so well! :)

I'd consider an Arwen, but I understand there is not a lot of desire for her. I in truth have no interest in tauriel. I'd buy a galadriel before either of them really!
Point is, there are plenty of us who would buy a lot of the figures your boss or company might not consider as hot sellers. That's why it's important for you to keep checking in with the fans. We are great at telling people what we want, we just don't usually get listened to! lol. Sideshows gross mismanagement of the line baffled so many of us who were waiting to keep collecting. Glad you guys are doing so well! :)[/QUOTE)

Respectfully, I have to disagree with the first statement about Arwen, from anyone. I want her and Galadriel both. There's only 3 females of prominence in those movies, and I want all of them, and they don't have to always be in battle gear either. Please, Asmus, make them too. Which is why I have to agree with the last part of this statement. There are collectors out there, like me, who are secure enough in their own masculinity to not give a **** about what others think of their collection of 1/6 dolls (yeah, I said it, DOLLS -- cause that's what these are. You can try to justify your toy collection by calling them "action figures", but their still just &$@%ing dolls). Bring on the ladies, please.

Back