Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the 3D at BB. :yess:

Then went straight to post office to pick up GBG and SHMA 14. :yess: :yess:

I honestly don't know what to do with myself. :lol

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested....

Target has the 3D for $27.99 and they also have an exclusive version, with 30 minutes of extra features, but I can't remember the price. It was somewhere in the $24-$27 range (no 3D in this one).

Edited to add: OK it's showing $23.99 online.

I thought about Target, but I have a hunch their exclusive feature probably isn't that great and not worth the money, plus give it a week or two and it'll be all over YouTube :lol

Okay guys what's going on here what I read about the blu ray transfer being extremely dark and hard to see on an HD tv :gah:

Yeah I understand if you guys love it, I was just saying, just because someone finds this boring or is disappointed with it, doesn't mean they have short attention spans, it just means they were either disappointed of the fake misleading advertising, or they thought Godzilla was going to show up more than he did.

I know everyone loves to hate on Pacific Rim and say it was stupid and cheesy, but at least the monster fights were amazing. they Also did some teasing in Pacific Rim with the couple of scenes on tv showing the fights, but the final two battles are worth the build up.

Im really sorry to say this because a lot of you guys hated Pacific Rim but that movie at least got the fights and the monster scenes right. the last battle alone was like 30 minutes. twice as much as what the Godzilla final battle was. I wish Godzilla was like Pacific Rim when it came to the monsters (Not the humans) I don't meant to bring comparisons but Im just pointing out that people who hated Godzilla were probably expecting the handling of the monsters the way PR did it.

Really? I thought the final battle in Pacific Rim was boring. I hated that it was underwater. The knifehead fight and the one with the ship being used as a bat were the two good battles in my opinion. But it was almost too cartoonish at times. The fights were over the top but yet still felt drawn out to me at times. I bought that movie when it came out on blu ray and I think I watched it twice ever. It just didn't have any weight to it.

The monster parts in Godzilla I felt the opposite as you. Say what you will about the cast and plot but I thought the monsters had way more character and realism to them. They were beautiful on screen and more elegant to me. The final battle felt more intense and like a all the blows delivered, build up of special weapons and badass moments felt epic but on a more realistic scale. I felt like one was like comparing a modern day Jet Li movie (Pacific Rim) to a classic Bruce Lee movie (Godzilla).

The Jet li fights do more, and sometimes look just unrealistic and too rehearsed, where as the simplicity and the real-life circumstance make the Bruce Lee films more impactful. lol

Yea Pr was annoying and generic human characters brought it down. i hope none of them are part of the next one. "O big american man save foreign girl from inner demons and make her believe in herself". Lmao

When I saw Godzilla in the theater I was captivated but kind of let down based on my expectations of Godzilla being the main bad guy and it being more frightening, etc., etc.

Watched it again on blu today with adjusted expectations and loved it! There's so much I like now! I don't feel like it was lacking so much this time in "civilian panic" scenes. The Hawaii and Golden Gate bridge scenes were brilliant IMO. The quiet rushing of the tsunami was very ominous, as were a number of human POV shots from inside buildings, monorails, school buses, etc.

And one thing I really loved about the movie was how the destruction was depicted in the media. Just quiet breaking news on TV screens in the background. Some people were glued to it and many others were just going about their lives. Which is honestly how I think our planet would really react to kaiju in this day and age! 9/11 really popped our modern nation's cherry with regard to real time live destruction. And really, is Godzilla much more horrifying than that? If you're at ground zero yes but otherwise...I'm not so sure. :lol I just really liked how people's reactions were portrayed.

There seemed to be a number of homages throughout. Jurassic Park, ALIENS, Close Encounters, hell I even think I heard the Carbon Freezing Chamber noise when the bay doors to the cargo plane opened right before the big skydiving scene.

I didn't feel like the movie was one big tease either. The first MUTO shows up about 30 minutes in, not the longest wait for movies that aren't rushing things, then it goes to Hawaii, Godzilla shows up, then Vegas, then the train on the bridge, then the Golden Gate bridge followed by the big San Francisco finale. I just felt like it had a lot of monster action and as much as I pined for each Godzilla appearance he always satisfied when he did arrive, and with each "aw man" when he would leave it was just that much more exciting when he'd return. And he returned a lot!

It was just cool. Best Godzilla design ever IMO and the one word that popped into my mind when the movie wrapped up was "respectable." After 60 years we actually have a Godzilla movie that is respectable as a real movie. I know there are a lot of die hard fans of the Toho stuff but come on, other than the 54 original, its all just goofy schlock. But this new movie is the real deal. I hope that Edwards doesn't have a knee jerk reaction to all the "we didn't see enuf monsterz!" posts and pull a MOS with too much action for the sequel and no story to back it up.

...you could say Godzilla ALREADY was like Rises. think of the screen time batman in costume and godzilla had and it's pretty much the same :lol

And both Bruce and Godzilla left their city in shambles and headed out across the water for an extended vacay! :panic:

Maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt can play Godzukey in the sequel.

TDKR and Godzilla also had nukes going off shore and miraculously not having and affect on the folks on land.

Back