Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im staying very strong. Im not watching any clips. I know too much about this movie already. The more times I can have my mind blown unexpectedly the better. I already got my midnight opening tickets bought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So, from that video, it seems like in this film, Godzilla is a physical embodiment of nature, a tool used by nature to maintain order in the world and for a long time he was unnecessary but the testing of atomic weapons wakens him to put and end to that and then the rise of the mutos draws him out to eliminate them and restore balance. So his actions should be a combination of destroying mankind as a warning to stop messing with things, and taking down the mutos to rid the world of them.

So, from that video, it seems like in this film, Godzilla is a physical embodiment of nature, a tool used by nature to maintain order in the world and for a long time he was unnecessary but the testing of atomic weapons wakens him to put and end to that and then the rise of the mutos draws him out to eliminate them and restore balance. So his actions should be a combination of destroying mankind as a warning to stop messing with things, and taking down the mutos to rid the world of them.

I hope not.... I hate that whole.... Godzilla is "mother nature" stuff. I like when he is just a Dinosaur awakened by Nuclear testing that deforms him and makes him radioactive so he's pissed and destroys cities. Sure he can be a symbol pf Mankinds wrong doing but blah to all the "magical" stuff. That is more for mothra... Not the King of the monsters. I prefer to think he is just going to kill that mutos because it's treading on his ground and Godzilla don't like that :)

PS - How did you get that from the clip???? Only thing I can think of is that it looked like he purposfully missed the ship by going under it. I prefer to think it was luck.

PS - How did you get that from the clip???? Only thing I can think of is that it looked like he purposfully missed the ship by going under it. I prefer to think it was luck.

I'm talking about the interview with Andy Serkis about consulting on how to emote the CGI Godzilla and his description of Godzilla in the new film.

I believe that scene was paying homage to Jaws , (no pun intended) so I'm guessing Godzilla intentionally missed that ship.

If this film is nearly as good as the promo suggest , I think its gonna have legs at the box office

Cool fan-made posters...
tumblr_n304lqtOQ31qg8i80o9_1280.jpg

I really dig this one

I never did like the mutated dinosaur scenario. I like this idea much better. Gives him purpose and stature. A line from the old Jan De Bont script> "Can't kill Godzilla." Love that! :D

Not that im against either, but considering people thought it was silly for evil spirits to be what drives Godzilla in GMK im surprised they weren't scared of backlash by literally having mother nature be Godzilla's motive. Hes spiritually/symbolically driven by an external force again.

Personally, I dont know why they need to explain Godzilla's rationale. Hes a beast that has been born and scarred by nuclear power. He was disturbed from his home. Why does he need the psychology treatment? He's just a pissed off sea monster at that point to me.

Well hasn't the whole point of Godzilla been that he's punishment for our crimes against nature? I thought that was his entire purpose...

I hate that whole "Godzilla is mother nature" stuff. I like when he is just a Dinosaur awakened by Nuclear testing that deforms him and makes him radioactive so he's pissed and destroys cities. Sure he can be a symbol of mankind's wrong doing but...
... it should not be confirmed as his purpose. Godzilla should be a complete mystery, otherwise it's just another monster.

Well hasn't the whole point of Godzilla been that he's punishment for our crimes against nature? I thought that was his entire purpose...

Symbolically. Its a human interpretation. Godzilla destroys things because he's mad and wants revenge. Not because mother natures voice talks to him in his sleep. Symbolically--cool; literally--kind of stupid.

Back