Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, this Godzilla has been at the epicenter of at least two nukes (?) and hasn't been scratched. And although they didn't show it, he has to know it's mankind who has attacked him like that. I wonder, as the balancer if natural life, if he's going to be more aggressive towards humans.

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 165
So, this Godzilla has been at the epicenter of at least two nukes (?) and hasn't been scratched. And although they didn't show it, he has to know it's mankind who has attacked him like that. I wonder, as the balancer if natural life, if he's going to be more aggressive towards humans.

He feeds off radiation so he may not consider humans nuking him a bad thing. He might think its a buffet.

Godzilla should be proud, it made it into the last spot on the 200 million domestic list for 2014.

All the domestic 200 million and over movies for 2014:

1 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $259,766,572
2 The LEGO Movie WB $257,749,270
3 Transformers: Age of Extinction Par. $243,439,603
4 Maleficent BV $237,011,221
5 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $234,253,857
6 X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $232,603,581
7 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Fox $202,860,970
8 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $202,853,933
9 Godzilla (2014) WB $200,626,327

Movies are making a lot less these days domestically, kinda crazy to think the top movie of the year so far made half of what Star Wars Episode I did, not even adjusted for inflation.

Well last year still had three movies that made over $400 million domestically (Iron Man 3, Catching Fire, and Frozen.) I'm surprised that we haven't even had a single $300+ million movie this year. At this point it looks like only Mockingjay Part I will hit that.

Next year will be a different story of course with AoU and Episode VII and possibly Jurassic World.

So much competition this summer I think. I go to the movies a lot and even I havent seen everything ive wanted to.

And yeah toho is not stomping all over this American Godzilla.

I'm still not sure why Bryan Cranston was in this movie IMO, it only created a hiccup in the story, plot exposition they could have handled in a completely different fashion. I'd elaborate, but that gets into spoiler territory.

Can't wait for the sequel when they bring in Godzuki.

Godzilla-Godzuki.jpg

Thought this was a nice touch. :lol

Ha ha, nice. That must have been a quick shot.

I'm still not sure why Bryan Cranston was in this movie IMO, it only created a hiccup in the story, plot exposition they could have handled in a completely different fashion.

Agreed. I felt the only reason he was in there was to put a bigger name in the credits to give the movie some credibility. Credibility it didn't really need.

Not sure if I should post non-Legendary Godzilla posts in this thread or the second one depending on where the most traffic is, but to keep conversations alive, I've been watching Godzilla films the past few days. It's interesting going back and watching some of the Toho films after seeing Legendary's version. I posted my thoughts on '84 in the Collectibles thread. Not really a review or anything but how 2014 has spoiled me in ways that I didn't realize (like how static Godzilla looks as a suit in many shots, especially the important establishing shots). But I watched Monster Zero and Godzilla vs Mothra (1993) last night through today. It's easier to forgive the Showa films for their SFX limits because of the era they come in and how fun they tend to be, and Monster Zero is such a great film in the series. I really like the human storyline, the cast is great, the dialogue (I actually enjoy he dubbed version more, one of the few times). The Xilians are great villains. The final fight is so brief but the humans were engaging enough to be properly entertained.

Godzilla vs Mothra wasn't as bad as I remembered. I liked the Mothra/Battra backstory and Godzilla and the volcano sequence was great. The final fight was pretty boring though (I hate when Godzilla faces flying opponents) and the Hesei series in particular is a little beam-happy so it gets repetitive quick. The imagination isn't the same as it was a couple decades prior. Despite the obvious rip-off of Indiana Jones, I liked the main characters. But the whole save the earth mush from the fairies was done more impactfully in Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) because they didn't steer away from death like this film did.

Possibly some comparison pictures from the Bluray. They look to me like they've just been brightened, but regardless, some very cool shots here:

tumblr_naqr91wXjo1ttap57o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_naqr91wXjo1ttap57o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_naqr91wXjo1ttap57o6_1280.jpg

Back