Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT...... what if it does happen tho........

Unless the studio goes against Edwards, it won't, he's spoken out against stuff like that, he believes in everything the audience needs to see being contained within the runtime of the film, he doesn't like post credit scenes or even something like Avengers with a quick run of the main cast and then a hidden scene. Sure with the internet you can find out about these scenes, but it is annoying to have to see if there's a hidden scene cuz sometimes they actually feature relevant info for sequels and aren't just something fun.

I didnt want The big G to die anyway and if we are setting up sequels and future monsters then I hope we get a king ghidorah end credit scene. The roar along with a black screen would make me fangasm:pray:

I'd be okay with something like that. Or just to see him wading away into the ocean prior to the credits. :rock

Unless the studio goes against Edwards, it won't, he's spoken out against stuff like that, he believes in everything the audience needs to see being contained within the runtime of the film, he doesn't like post credit scenes or even something like Avengers with a quick run of the main cast and then a hidden scene. Sure with the internet you can find out about these scenes, but it is annoying to have to see if there's a hidden scene cuz sometimes they actually feature relevant info for sequels and aren't just something fun.

Lol I know I was just joking. I just wish somthing like that would happen. I want this to become a franchise but more than anything I want this movie to be good.

Lol I know I was just joking. I just wish somthing like that would happen. I want this to become a franchise but more than anything I want this movie to be good.

Considering the franchise has lasted 60 years and spawned nearly 30 sequels, I think the chances of getting both from this are good :hi5:

I'm not sure how much leverage Edwards had before being signed up to this project. This is his 2nd feature film. He might have had to concede a lot of things that otherwise he might have declined to do in order to lock down this project; being that he is a rookie director. He did say there are a bunch of Easter eggs in the film so it's safe to assume there might be a end of credit scene.i really wish he would have skipped the 3D gimmick, but being a rookie director I don't think he had a say in that. He knows how to use utilize 3D artistically , we did not need it gimmickly . I would have loved to see it in 2D on The IMAX screen but I'll have to settle on those stupid glasses.

Yea plus we dont really know all that much about the movie to be honest. We know godzill comes from the water, he ****s **** up, muto is some sort of conspiracy just like godzilla, the government cant stop them and we'll have huge monster fights. Thats all we know at this point. Im fine with that. Btw I finally got that ****ing jakks figure after 300 yrs of trying to get it.

Sadly, Godzilla's most beautiful moments have been his death scenes in my opinion. "Gojira" managed to make his death in his initial appearance very tragic and in "Godzilla vs Destroyah" they threw in a much nostalgia as possible to send him out the right way. "Return of Godzilla" was done beautifully too and left the ending a bit ambiguous, but left room for a sequel that eventually came out five years later. "GMK" felt more like a comic or anime type of movie, so the ending was kind of predictable. They didn't glorify Godzilla's death like the other times he died so I knew he was going to be still alive.

But part of what was going to make this film more suspenseful was wondering if Godzilla was going to make it out alive or not. Or, if they were going to mirror that tragic solution where the threat of Godzilla is ended in some horrible way that makes you sympathetic to the monster. I was hoping for that emotional attachment. When the first photos were released, some members here suggested that it was Serizawa's secret weapon that might be in the photo, so at some point some of us thought Godzilla's death might be imminent. Besides, Edwards talk about how the ending to this film would be a tear jerker similar to the classic. That to me was an implication that Godzilla could be the victim once again. So, yes, I think it's entirely plausible if some people could have expected him to die.

Seems to be how standalone Godzilla films end. Hell, Tri-Star even killed Zilla and it was destroying things by accident just trying to run away and raise a family. This Godzilla is not acting accidentally and will be more violent.

Lil comic mock up of events leading to and through the Hawaii attack based on the SXSW descriptions and trailer clips, not sure how accurrate but fun to see and speculate.

13857865473_5ddea3695a_o.jpg

13858204914_05a696a48f_o.jpg

13857865163_f61e665d9a_o.jpg

13857833955_1fdcfd1063_o.jpg

13857864723_61bfdb2b85_o.jpg

13858203964_74c0389a3c_o.jpg

13857832975_7371d65de1_o.jpg

13857863563_6e6082568f_o.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/GodzillaMovi...92:mf_story_key.-3936639191999994297&__tn__=E

1926090_743992868964453_6822681116246073511_o.jpg

I'm torn on that poster, there's things I like and things I don't. Serizawa and the remaining soldier from the Empire cover don't really fit well, but the shots of Cranston, Johnson and Olsen work well.

Probably a little late to the party here and apologies if it's already been mentioned, but the Godzilla toys have just shown up here in the UK..... including a 12 / 14 inch version on which the primary play feature is his ATOMIC BREATH. Not 100% confirming it being in the movie.... but pretty close right..?.....

Back