Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the movie was good and in the old school, classic way of not flooding the screen with the main subject. I guess many here just want to see Godzilla 24/7/365 instead of a movie building peaks and valleys. Everyone one is free to dislike it, but to be bored after an hour, that sounds more ADHD than anything else, but then again, we all have different tastes. I saw it at the movies and bought the Blu-Ray and can't wait to watch it again, this weekend....and I won't be bored.

P.S. What I saw in the trailer, was what I saw in the theater.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I wasn't disappointed with the movie either.

But you felt that the movie delivered on the way Godzilla was portrayed in the trailers as the bringer of death to humanity?

I believe the metalpak is with Amazon/BestBuy and Target.

How have you been, long time no read.
I'll check out Target and Best Buy then.

What up jye.
I've been busy since Fall baseball has started up.
So much traveling... too little time. You know the story. :)
Thanks bud! :duff

I watched this movie with a open mind wanting to watch it. Never research online to get images or read ups and never saw a single preview. This movie was a white canvas for me going in with zero expectations. Maybe my only gauge was I like Clover field a lot and thought Pacific Rim entertaining. But after a hour in of Godzilla I was just bored. Didn't care if I saw the creature or not. I was bored period.

This might be the best honest trailers vid they have made so far. that was awesome

I thought the movie was good and in the old school, classic way of not flooding the screen with the main subject. I guess many here just want to see Godzilla 24/7/365 instead of a movie building peaks and valleys. Everyone one is free to dislike it, but to be bored after an hour, that sounds more ADHD than anything else, but then again, we all have different tastes. I saw it at the movies and bought the Blu-Ray and can't wait to watch it again, this weekend....and I won't be bored.

P.S. What I saw in the trailer, was what I saw in the theater.

there is a difference between building suspense and teasing the audience relentlessly. It wouldn't be a problem if they only wanted to show godzilla at the end but why did the director had to tease everyone so much with fights that we never get to see? He even bragged about it on interviews. Making you wait until you can't wait anymore and then showing it to you.

that might totally work for a horror movie but it wasn't great for this kind of movie. for some people it got really annoying. It's not so much the lack of G or the lack of fights but their teasing that the fights are going on but the movie doesnt want you to see them.

Also a lot of the disappointment came from the fact that the final encounter was not as great as it could have been. it was too short, it should have been at least 6-7 minutes longer. all that build up for nothing pretty much.

even hardcore fans of Godzilla like that video game nerd guy (which is one of the biggest G fans online) was disappointed by all the teasing. I know no one in here might know who he is or care, but if a superfan like him was kind of disappointed in it, then there is a problem in how they did handle the movie.

im just saying not everyone that had problems with this has ADHD, maybe they just hate being teased so much?. :dunno

They probably overdid the tease and definitely focused too much on military characters but I just thought it was sweet regardless. Can't wait to check it out again tomorrow when I pick up the 3D blu.

Godzilla's spine light build up scene was the most memorable scene this entire year in cinema for me.

It was the Hulk smash Loki for 2014.

That one single scene makes the bluray easily worth the cost of ownership and it was *equal to the excitement of watching the Cap vs WS battle.

*The entire running time of TWS is like the Godzilla spine scene. :panic:

Last edited:
So the movie was so bad that even Honest Trailer of it is boring as hell... Now that's funny! :lol

They probably overdid the tease and definitely focused too much on military characters but I just thought it was sweet regardless. Can't wait to check it out again tomorrow when I pick up the 3D blu.

Yeah I understand if you guys love it, I was just saying, just because someone finds this boring or is disappointed with it, doesn't mean they have short attention spans, it just means they were either disappointed of the fake misleading advertising, or they thought Godzilla was going to show up more than he did.

I know everyone loves to hate on Pacific Rim and say it was stupid and cheesy, but at least the monster fights were amazing. they Also did some teasing in Pacific Rim with the couple of scenes on tv showing the fights, but the final two battles are worth the build up.

Im really sorry to say this because a lot of you guys hated Pacific Rim but that movie at least got the fights and the monster scenes right. the last battle alone was like 30 minutes. twice as much as what the Godzilla final battle was. I wish Godzilla was like Pacific Rim when it came to the monsters (Not the humans) I don't meant to bring comparisons but Im just pointing out that people who hated Godzilla were probably expecting the handling of the monsters the way PR did it.

Godzilla didn't have to be as scary as Cloverfield but I do wish that they had made it closer to Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds with the panic and terror of regular civilians trying to escape. Imagine people running as they did in WOTW and getting vaporized by Godzilla's breath as they fled. When I was a kid I found the 1954 original to be quite scary (but still something I could handle) and I was really hoping that I'd get to see another Godzilla movie like that again.

Godzilla didn't have to be as scary as Cloverfield but I do wish that they had made it closer to Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds with the panic and terror of regular civilians trying to escape. Imagine people running as they did in WOTW and getting vaporized by Godzilla's breath as they fled. When I was a kid I found the 1954 original to be quite scary (but still something I could handle) and I was really hoping that I'd get to see another Godzilla movie like that again.

This. The focus on the military POV sucked a lot of dramatic emotion out of this movie. The military is not going to panic, so when that's who you're watching most of the movie, there's a lack of emotion to it all. While the main characters of Gojira were never in direct danger from Godzilla, it didn't stop them filmmakers from having the supporting cast go through some emotional and frightening times. Even though their size poses threat to man, the MUTOs really never did anything blatantly hostile, they never like picked up a bus full of people and threw it killing everyone on board. They were just trying to survive in a world full of man's creations and in doing so, destroyed a lot of it.

I know they probably want to keep the movies ideal for even younger kids, but even the most recent Japanese films had things like Godzilla stepping on tanks and flat out killing people and they were still kid friendly. There needs to be a tangible human cost to really pull you in emotionally. To me that's the only really lacking aspect of this movie, the pace was good, the characters were pretty solid, the acting was good, it just didn't make you feel anything.

On another note, I finally get to watch this on a screen bigger than 19" tonight :rock

This is actually what I was hoping for from the initial teasers. just thinking about it the way you describe it, gives me chills. I loved G2014 it was my favorite movie this year, but if we got Godzilla destroyer of worlds…man….fogettaboutit…

Amazon shipped out my roaring steel book blurry woooo soon soon! Soon I get to fast forward to all the Godzilla parts :lol

I'm just going to Best Buy, I like Walmart's cover art best but they're $5 more than Best Buy and I don't feel like hastling over price matching.

I'm just going to Best Buy, I like Walmart's cover art best but they're $5 more than Best Buy and I don't feel like hastling over price matching.

I was going to go to BB, but they're selling the steel book for $44 over there. amazon had it for $30. So I went with that. You'll have to let me know if BB is selling it cheaper than what their site lists…so I can punish myself accordingly.

I was going to go to BB, but they're selling the steel book for $44 over there. amazon had it for $30. So I went with that. You'll have to let me know if BB is selling it cheaper than what their site lists…so I can punish myself accordingly.

I'm not getting the steelbook, don't care for the art or the roar feature and I don't do 3D, I'm just getting the regular BR/DVD/Digital release, they list it online at $20, hoping maybe $15 today being first day, plus you can get the Godzilla Awakening comic for $3 with the purchase. Walmater has the same thing listed at $25 but they have exclusive cover art.

Just back from Best Buy, prices as marked, I guess the $20 is already marked down, it originally rang up at $25.

Back