Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a lot of people saying they sound like they used the one from '98

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I see a lot of people saying they sound like they used the one from '98

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If that's what people want to hear, more power to them, I listen to the '98 roar and I hear some weird effects added to the 60's style roar from Toho. The 2014 roar sounds like animalistic sounds used to recreate the tones of his roar and more so the '84/'89 roar.

They are not the same, and that clip I posted is the official trailer and same roar that's used in the trailers and TV spots, that's his final roar.

Hi res still.

fHGzJ9M.jpg

new commercial gave me goosebumps... cannot wait to see this opening night/weekend. :rock

Going to see this a minimum of two times since my sister in law is a big Elizabeth Olsen fan and we have already made plans to see this together too. :lol

I just meant what MF said, more animalistic.

Bottom line, it AIN'T the '98 roar. The few times '98 used that roar and not generic groans, it just feels like they were forced to use his roar but didn't want to so they made their own and threw the Showa roar in at the end for good measure.

If you want to talk about roars sounding like the '98, watch the Millennium series films, Godzilla 2000 sounds too similar to the '98 roar for my liking at times, you'd think they'd want to distance themselves pretty good from that at Toho :lol

The JP1 Rex has a roar the size of Godzilla packed into a creature about 1/30 the size, and that's why it's so cool. I'll be the sound team were Godzilla fans because they definitely understood the impact of bringing a powerful roar.

Case in point zilla sounds like a *****. Godzilla roar is powerful and trex has one of the best roars in cinema!!

Hi res still.

fHGzJ9M.jpg

Something about this shot just looks off to me. The shot of Godzilla with the blast doors closing looked much more real than this, it almost looks like the shots not finished or just to digital, like there's layers of effects that weren't rendered. Hopefully it's just that one shot because everything else has looked epic to me up till this.

Back