The Goldbergs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43fM2wdu5A]The Goldbergs (ABC) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I want to watch this show solely on the fact that it's set in the 80s. Not outright funny from the trailer, I am hoping the show itself will be better.

The Goldbergs will premiere tonight at 9 pm after Agents of Shield on ABC.

The Wonder Years is my all time favourite TV show. And it had a great blend of comedy and drama, while invoking nostalgia about growing up. No way any show will ever match up to that.

Freaks and Geeks was an excellent show set in the 80s which ended too quickly.

I guess it's not based on this...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV1F5By34fU[/ame]

Yup. There's a reason That 80's Show flopped. :lol

I forgot about that awful show. :lol

The Wonder Years is my all time favourite TV show. And it had a great blend of comedy and drama, while invoking nostalgia about growing up. No way any show will ever match up to that.

Both great shows that didn't focus on the novelty of their time periods.

I never saw the Wonder Years. It was on TV once, and I only watched it because I heard Dib's voice. I guess he's on that show somewhere. :lol

Freaks and Geeks is one of the best shows ever written. Almost every cast member went on to have very successful careers. The show was way too short lived.

The Goldbergs was really good, also very cool bit during the credits. The 80s aspect of the show is quite natural and grounded.

I'm pretty easy on shows, but this thing was horrible. Didn't laugh. Got a chuckle (not even a good chuckle) from some references. Everyone just yells. They were cancelling this thing as the theme song began.

Dude, there are no words to describe how bad this was. I wanted to like it. It has the Wonder Years voice over, but no charm. I know the 80's was the decade of indulgence and some folks may call the decade crass, but this thing.....:dump

Dude, there are no words to describe how bad this was. I wanted to like it. It has the Wonder Years voice over, but no charm. I know the 80's was the decade of indulgence and some folks may call the decade crass, but this thing.....:dump

It must be to read what I've read in this thread.

Only one poor soul likes it. And at this rate it will be taken from him very soon :rotfl

Ha..I hope not. Besides there are plenty others who enjoyed it, just need to see beyond this forum.

I was in and out of the room for this one. Jenn watched it and she liked it. From what I caught, it made me laugh.
In one scene one of the kids was running into the house, very ridiculously and before the father said anything I said "who runs like that?" and then the father said it right after. So that at least had Jenn and I laughing.

I noticed the Dad's voice right away as the Captain from WALL-E.

Tonight's episode wasn't too bad. Some parts were actually funny.
I wasn't going to watch, but since it followed SHIELD, I did and thought I'd see how it went and stayed with it.
The first episode was a 3 or a 4, and this was a 7 maybe.

I stayed after SHIELD and watched it as well. I enjoyed all the references, but I just didn't find it funny. It reminds me of the Wonder Years and Malcolm in the Middle, but something about the show is just not clicking.

Back