1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty early but Bats is my FOTY so far. With Ed 209 and Robocop among others coming still that opinion may not last but this is one great figure.

I must say, as far as people wanting Newmar Catwoman go, if any of you don't care about articulation, that Tweeterhead statue is ****ing gorgeous and it's, apparently, 1/6th:

891713_687677831296886_6078654879290278008_o.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous!!! The way the cloth suit needs to be handled is a big fail on Hot Toys part. They should have done better by us collectors on this detail. It's almost like it's become some sort of tradition...creating degradable bat-suits.

Don't you think they researched this thoroughly? They could use a material that didn't look like the original suit or this material that does, but you have to be careful with. 1/6 collectors know that things in 1/6 scale can be fragile - it's the nature of the hobby.

Here is my not so centered emblem. Also, the underneath black foam material has a seam, and on mine, the seam on the left leg twisted around to the front of the leg. It is in the back up high, then twist around as it goes down so you see this strange looking bulky line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 1,275
I am sure the real suit had the same problems... either way I noticed how every one has the same problem, the underwear is outstreched on one side than the other.

Don't you think they researched this thoroughly? They could use a material that didn't look like the original suit or this material that does, but you have to be careful with. 1/6 collectors know that things in 1/6 scale can be fragile - it's the nature of the hobby.
I think the point on how much they researched this is mute, if the suit is fraying as soon as you get it. Like the real suit, WE don't have the benefit of a prop department waiting to repair or replace a damaged suit. I picture this looking like a wooly sheep in a year. It's supposed to be posable, which means it will be handled...it's not a PF. I'd like to be wrong about this. It's just, judging from the amount of reports of the suit snagging as soon as it's out of the box, etc. worries me. Tony's custom suit is an option (one I took, but shouldn't have too).
I've been a 1/6 collector for well over 30 years, and as the hobby has changed in that time, I do know that certain precautions should be taken into consideration with certain product. I just don't think this is one of them.

Here is my not so centered emblem. Also, the underneath black foam material has a seam, and on mine, the seam on the left leg twisted around to the front of the leg. It is in the back up high, then twist around as it goes down so you see this strange looking bulky line.

Just a thought, looking at the shoulder seams, you might be able to pull it over to one side & get it straightened out.

Got mine today, love the look of it but exchanging mine - there's a weird black smudge on the left knee, almost looks like a pen mark.

Just a thought, looking at the shoulder seams, you might be able to pull it over to one side & get it straightened out.

I tried that, and it came close to being centered, but after a few minutes, it moved itself back over agian.

I had the same issue with the left leg seam but just took off the boot and was able to twist it to the side no problem. My emblem isn't quite as bad as yours, it's off center a bit to the left but it's not horrible.

My Batman arrives Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's problem-free.

Would love to see what the Mattel suit looks like on the HT figure. The Ken costume is surprisingly well made, but doubt it will go over the HT fat suit.

I think the point on how much they researched this is mute, if the suit is fraying as soon as you get it. Like the real suit, WE don't have the benefit of a prop department waiting to repair or replace a damaged suit. I picture this looking like a wooly sheep in a year. It's supposed to be posable, which means it will be handled...it's not a PF. I'd like to be wrong about this. It's just, judging from the amount of reports of the suit snagging as soon as it's out of the box, etc. worries me. Tony's custom suit is an option (one I took, but shouldn't have too).
I've been a 1/6 collector for well over 30 years, and as the hobby has changed in that time, I do know that certain precautions should be taken into consideration with certain product. I just don't think this is one of them.

I agree. I think people give Hot Toys more credit than they deserve. Given all of the issues they have had in the past I doubt much if any research goes into the materials they use. Outside of looking at a few cloth swatches and determining which one looks the most like the fabric used (probably just from photos) I doubt more thought goes into it than that. Longevity is sadly something they never seem to consider for collectors.

Even though I don't even have 66 Batman in hand yet, I too went ahead and ordered Tony's suit and cape.

Damn that's bad. :(

Back