1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about making a 3' rope ladder and recreating the shark attack scene with Robin upside down handing Batman the spray. After a lot of searching I finally found a shark that looks to be the correct size and species. You can check it out here.

After hearing about how delicate the suit is I'm rethinking this display. Trying to get them posed on a rope ladder with a shark biting at his leg seems like a one way ticket to snag-ville. :(

:lecture I think a lot of people will be thinking twice about their dream of posing these in the Batmobile too.

I really freakin want a Romero Joker right now, and Gorshin Riddler, Meredith Penguin, Newmar or Meriwether Catwoman. . .too bad this is Hot Toys. We'll be lucky to get a Joker.

I would love a Meredith Penguin!!!! What am I saying I'd want them all!

:lecture I think a lot of people will be thinking twice about their dream of posing these in the Batmobile too.

It's kind of sad that none of the Batman figures released so far fit into their respective Batmobiles. It's not so bad with the Tumbler and 89 since you can't see the figures with the canopy closed anyway, but with the 66 it's almost essential to have Batman and Robin sitting in it.

Got mine today, and everything was perfect. After futzing the figure for 10 minutes, I had little tufts of fabric lifting up from the bodysuit's legs. The kicker is that I was wearing vinyl surgical gloves. This is what $200 gets you?

Pretty underwhelmed by HT on this one.

Got mine today, and everything was perfect. After futzing the figure for 10 minutes, I had little tufts of fabric lifting up from the bodysuit's legs. The kicker is that I was wearing vinyl surgical gloves. This is what $200 gets you?

Pretty underwhelmed by HT on this one.

My thoughts exactly. This was my first hot toys figure and it will also be my last. I only got it because I'm a batmobile collector and I thought it would look cool sitting in the car(if the thing ever gets released). I do not see how this is worth $200.

Got mine today. Very cool. Arrived in perfect nick, but somehow after five minutes I managed to make a big black mark on the utility belt. I guess I must have accidentally pressed with my fingernail while trying to get the head on. I've already made very minor marks on the super-delicate suit, but nothing too bad. Going to have to be very careful with this one.

I posed it hanging from a batrope from my bookshelf, and it can hang there pretty nicely.

Hm, what do people think ... should I try rubbing my utility belt with very light sandpaper, to get my black scratch off? Or will that make it worse?

Mine has the logo a little to the left, incidentally. I understand why it bothers some, and I sympathise ... small flaws in these figures can drive you nuts and fill you with buyer's remorse! I am not that bothered with the bat logo just because for me part of the charm of 60s Batman is 'crappy costumes'. It might not be 'accurately crappy', but for me, personally, a logo a little off just makes it seem more 60s (even though West's was dead centre in real life). Not to minimise the issue, as I understand people would be upset ...

And honestly the logo might bother me more if I hadn't damaged the figure myself :p Meanwhile I'll pray to the action figure gods, 'If I can just undo the mark I made to the utility belt within five minutes of opening the box, I will be happy as Larry! I swear!'

While I had an arm in a weird position I undid the zip at the back and noticed he has a kind of padded fat-suit underneath. Makes him 100% pure West.

batsmall.jpgbatsmall 2.jpgbatsmall3.jpg

I might have made enough posts I can attach photos! Here is some Pure West, some 'must protect the bunnies!' and an unexpected cameo.

I only lifted the outer sleeve and peeked through the window, but it appears the logo is straight. At this stage I don't think the prevalance is at the point where someone will start a 'Is your '66 Batman chest emblem crooked?' thread.

...but damn, as people have been saying - even looking through the window I can see how easily that suit will snag.

I liked that.. Pick up figure day !!
Yup, they should. Me, I get mine directly from the store, so that's cool. I got the text saying that the dynamic duo had arrived and minutes later, I was in a cab on the way to get em.
Now, snagging. I have had no issues with these dudes. I've handled them a lot - in a figure posing perspective !! Certainly my favorite figures at this moment.

Hm, what do people think ... should I try rubbing my utility belt with very light sandpaper, to get my black scratch off? Or will that make it worse?

Mine has the logo a little to the left, incidentally. I understand why it bothers some, and I sympathise ... small flaws in these figures can drive you nuts and fill you with buyer's remorse! I am not that bothered with the bat logo just because for me part of the charm of 60s Batman is 'crappy costumes'. It might not be 'accurately crappy', but for me, personally, a logo a little off just makes it seem more 60s (even though West's was dead centre in real life). Not to minimise the issue, as I understand people would be upset ...

And honestly the logo might bother me more if I hadn't damaged the figure myself :p Meanwhile I'll pray to the action figure gods, 'If I can just undo the mark I made to the utility belt within five minutes of opening the box, I will be happy as Larry! I swear!'

While I had an arm in a weird position I undid the zip at the back and noticed he has a kind of padded fat-suit underneath. Makes him 100% pure West.

How did you manage to leave a big black mark with your fingernail?

You might try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to remove the black mark. Be sure to rub very lightly, it works on most surfaces and removes scuffs etc.

How did you manage to leave a big black mark with your fingernail?

I have no idea! Either the plastic is not yellow all the way through ... or it wasn't my fingernail and I scratched it with one of the hands or something. It's very strange. I have the photos to prove it was my fault, though! Just out of the box and he's fine. A little while later ...

Thanks for the tip with the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, DutchAzlon. I will grab the local Australian version and give it a go.

You might try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to remove the black mark. Be sure to rub very lightly, it works on most surfaces and removes scuffs etc.

OH MY GOD IT WORKED. I tried just with a regular scouring sponge. I feel like such an idiot now! I'd tried wiping it off with some water and cloth and nothing, but the sponge ...

Thank you very much, DutchAzlon. You turned my remorse into 100% appreciation of pure West, and isn't that the best gift anyone can give?

I'm only seven figures in to this sixth scale collecting (that is items, not dollars), but I've learned my lesson now. I'm only touching them while wearing cotton gloves from now on!

Thanks again.

Back