1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the red vest appears to have been padded, unlike the proto, so that's probably a contributing factor to the neckless look...

Man. To me these figures seem about as close to perfect as one can plausibly expect. :dunno

I agree. And I know it's an old nutshell on these boards (and something i don't normally adhere to), but i really mean it when I say Batman looks better in hand. I can tell Robin will too. I dunno it's the clarity of the figures, I know that doesn't really make sense, but it's not about stacking so much detail onto something so it looks good.
These are colourful, and so so precise. Batmans cape for example. The edging is laser sharp. They are just beautiful IMO.

Accurate or not, I think the figure's neck looks better on the Robin proto. Easy fix for those that want to switch the neck out.

I agree with you. However, doesn't it depend on what type of neck it entails...(I'm asking cause i'm relatively new to Hot Toys) when it comes to customizing. I know that Hot toys have different bodies and necks they deal with. Just hoping that we're given the ability.....if we so desire...to make the alterations needed to meet our individual standards.

I was contemplating canceling my PO after seeing the final product photos. After watching this video I'm positive I'll keep Robin. The video does the figure more justice than the photos. The likeness is there and it looks like the proto IMHO. The collar is up a little high vs. the proto but I think that can be fixed with some cape futzing. I also think the lighting and the angles in the photos didn't help to showcase Burt Wards likeness in the figure. I'm more anxious than ever to get these figures in my hands now!

Awesome. These guys will look awesome on a shelf together. :rock

Still like proto Robin more. I'm not seeing a lot Ward in the sculpt either, but I really don't care though. :lol

Accurate or not, I think the figure's neck looks better on the Robin proto. Easy fix for those that want to switch the neck out.

Yup. But like you said, something can be done. I'm not worried about the neck.

Both of these are awesome. All I see different in the Robin sculpt is the same as with just about every other in hand release. The paint apps. Still great though.

Agree, the figure needs a visible neck. Does Robin have a fixed neck or is it separate from the body?

I didn't even take notice until Haley said something, but after taking a
closer look at the pics it appears to be a neckless sculpt ao switching out the neck piece ia possible. It's just finding one with a compatible skin tone, unless you can paint.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

These both look absolutely fantastic. I'm surprised to see the criticism leveled at Robin, because I think of the two, they nailed it more with Robin.

Also the red vest appears to have been padded, unlike the proto, so that's probably a contributing factor to the neckless look...

The proto vest and sleeves looked like a much better, low profile finish. Maybe it was different materials used. The thicker material may be bunching up and causing the loss of neck visibility. Just a guess.

photo.JPG

I take issue more with Batman and that torso. It LOOKS like a fatsuit. Too square, boxy looking. I haven't seen anyone really say anything about it. Am I the only one? Not a deal breaker by any means. The positive out ways the bad, but damn...
So many great pics of the figure show the torso looking absolutely fine. There's a silhouette of some slight padding 'perhaps' under the suit.. but nothing near the hyperbole a vocal few are shouting.

Additionally, any photo that seems to 'accent' the silhouette - is magnified at least five times the figure's actual size.

Hardly an objective way to critic something. :huh

I think these two are Figure(s) of the Year for me..utterly fantastic

Yeah could be.

I remember watching re-runs of the 60s Batman series on British TV in the 1990s, One of my favourite shows from back in the day.
If these two figs sell well we might se more characters done by Hot Toys, Catwoman, Joker The Riddler and Alfred would be nice, maybe even commissioner Gordon.

Robin might be the most doll like figure I think HT have produced. All the best to those who buy this guy but good grief - apart from the headsculpt, this thing looks like it is from Toys R Us.

Back