1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rewatching the movie after the great photos of batman, wish they'd do this
verysybu.jpg

I got to sit in that a few years ago. It was being stored at the airport where a buddy of mine keeps his plane. Had a bunch of signature on the inside too.

So I guess we can expect SSC to these at relatively the same time since OMG has both? Has any of you flewpayers beem charged for Robin yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! :rock

Robin looks incredible. I don't know if it's just the angles, but, comparing the pics, Robin seems to have a superior likeness to the prototype.

I feel like it does look different but I'm struggling to see Burt Ward in it. But I also find myself not caring much either. :lol

I keep seeing these guys matched up with one of Coco's shelves on my wall.

Man, this blows. I just convinced myself to get over the few flaws on Batman and then this gets released and now I don't have the funds to complete the set. I guess I was just hoping they might wait awhile. How long do you all think Robin will be available for purchase at Sideshow? I won't have the money until July.

In my opinion the prototype head sculpt of Robin had much more adult features for the face, a overall more grown up bone structure. And when I saw it at comic-con, I recall thinking it had a very subtle smile, which I liked.

The final product appears to be more of a teenager with more adolescent features, particularly the jawline and the mouth. The expression is now stern and determind

Something about the Robin doesn't quite sit right with me. It looks a little awkward. The Burt likeness isn't really there (it looks like a generic kid in a domino mask to me) and overall it just seems a bit bland. I think it needs a little more "character" and have older looking.. I dunno.

I'm still getting it though, can't pass up the Dynamic Duo, I just wish the figure had a better likeness and more personality than what I'm seeing here.

Ok...these pics have convinced me to keep them on PO...the really cheap price helped too...

Regardless, i'm getting him. However, i liked prototype Robin more...he had an oval face and his neck was a bit longer. Now his head is rounder and sits closer to the shoulders.....Just head and shoulders without much neck.

These (3) Robin Prototype pics with oval face and some neck action; I really liked this version..............See below.

902080-batman-1966-film-016_zps9314a949.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=https://s1330.photobucket.com/user/Ivaniski/media/1006275_557297600998901_270110355_n_zps38f0a159.jpg.html]
[IMG]https://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/Ivaniski/1006275_557297600998901_270110355_n_zps38f0a159.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
902080-batman-1966-film-017_zpseee807bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now the head is rounder, and sits lower without much neck to view..........See below.

BatmanampRobinHD211_zps2124784d.jpg~original

BatmanampRobinHD200_zps7762a85b.jpg~original

^Agree, I like the proto better too. If Batman didn't exist no way I would buy this Robin. This thing shoulda cost $150 tops or better yet a $300 option on the set would have been nice. Oh well what are you gonna do, need the duo.

I see what you're saying, Ivaniski. The head is rounder, but I wonder if the neck can be exposed more after a bit of cape futzing.

Something about the Robin doesn't quite sit right with me. It looks a little awkward. The Burt likeness isn't really there (it looks like a generic kid in a domino mask to me) and overall it just seems a bit bland. I think it needs a little more "character" and have older looking.. I dunno.

I'm still getting it though, can't pass up the Dynamic Duo, I just wish the figure had a better likeness and more personality than what I'm seeing here.
I agree, still makes a fantastic team though.
Looking forward to getting him.

Yep, this is NOT the Burt Ward Robin we saw at SDCC, don't know if there were rights issues, but this sculpt is different, gotta say I'm disappointed, looks like pre-pubescent Robin with an underdeveloped neck. :lol As Rorywan says, still a killer set and if you're getting the Batmobile it'll look great with both figures in it or posed by it.

In my opinion the prototype head sculpt of Robin had much more adult features for the face, a overall more grown up bone structure. And when I saw it at comic-con, I recall thinking it had a very subtle smile, which I liked.

The final product appears to be more of a teenager with more adolescent features, particularly the jawline and the mouth. The expression is now stern and determind

Regardless, i'm getting him. However, i liked prototype Robin more...he had an oval face and his neck was a bit longer. Now his head is rounder and sits closer to the shoulders.....Just head and shoulders without much neck.

These (3) Robin Prototype pics with oval face and some neck action; I really liked this version..............See below.

[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=https://s1330.photobucket.com/user/Ivaniski/media/1006275_557297600998901_270110355_n_zps38f0a159.jpg.html]
[IMG]https://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/Ivaniski/1006275_557297600998901_270110355_n_zps38f0a159.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
902080-batman-1966-film-017_zpseee807bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now the head is rounder, and sits lower without much neck to view..........See below.

Last edited:

I concur......They had it right with the Prototype. Why would Hot Toys do something like this......It looks like a down grade (Quality control issue i bet from within). My buddy saw the picture of the "Finish product" Robin and stated to me that with that round head and no neck; he looks like this person below...........

Hit Girl.......:slap

AAAAAAA_zpsc1cc2acc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

images

In a perfect world,.....They would've left Prototype Robin alone, and gone with it. :slap

Bring back the Protos, Bring back the Protos (while screaming and crying)!!! :gah: :pray:

Comeback shane, Comeback.

Why, Why!!! If it ain't broke.........Don't fix it.

Back