1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the point on how much they researched this is mute, if the suit is fraying as soon as you get it. Like the real suit, WE don't have the benefit of a prop department waiting to repair or replace a damaged suit. I picture this looking like a wooly sheep in a year. It's supposed to be posable, which means it will be handled...it's not a PF. I'd like to be wrong about this. It's just, judging from the amount of reports of the suit snagging as soon as it's out of the box, etc. worries me. Tony's custom suit is an option (one I took, but shouldn't have too).
I've been a 1/6 collector for well over 30 years, and as the hobby has changed in that time, I do know that certain precautions should be taken into consideration with certain product. I just don't think this is one of them.

They obviously know about the problem, otherwise they wouldn't have included the warning instruction sheet. And thanks to that warning I take care when posing - I never touch the body suit, just the belt, gloves, boots or satin parts.

They obviously know about the problem, otherwise they wouldn't have included the warning instruction sheet. And thanks to that warning I take care when posing - I never touch the body suit, just the belt, gloves, boots or satin parts.
Same.

All similar figures with cloth suits should be handled this way to avoid snags.

I guess it's moot saying it, but these aren't meant for rough housing or intensive handling, otherwise they'd be arguably cheaper & more robust. :huh

1.They obviously know about the problem, otherwise they wouldn't have included the warning instruction sheet. And thanks to that warning I take care when posing - I never touch the body suit, just the belt, gloves, boots or satin parts.

Same.

All similar figures with cloth suits should be handled this way to avoid snags.

I guess it's moot saying it, but 2.these aren't meant for rough housing or intensive handling, otherwise they'd be arguably cheaper & more robust. :huh

1. To me, this almost makes it worse. They know or knew about the problem and released (IMO) shoddy product.
2. Of course...none of our $200+ product is meant to be rough housed, etc. But it shouldn't snag or fray with the wind.

Not trying to argue with you guys...this is just how I see it. If you're ok with how the suit was handled, then that's great. I wish I could be as satisfied.
What about people that are getting crooked chest symbols that can't be adjusted? Would a warning sheet or explanation make that ok too?
I'm seeing snags on the suit from people that JUST took them out of the box. That's not rough housing or intensive handling.

Wait, I want to order this from Sideshow but they are saying all of their stock has crooked chest symbols? Should I order from BBTS now? I want to get my points for this figure but if I get stuck with a messed up piece it won't be worth it. Would BBTS replace a toy that has this defect?

2. Of course...none of our $200+ product is meant to be rough housed, etc. But it shouldn't snag or fray with the wind.

Not trying to argue with you guys...this is just how I see it. If you're ok with how the suit was handled, then that's great. I wish I could be as satisfied.
What about people that are getting crooked chest symbols that can't be adjusted? Would a warning sheet or explanation make that ok too?
I'm seeing snags on the suit from people that JUST took them out of the box. That's not rough housing or intensive handling.
It's all good man, I know what you're saying - & yeah, it'd be lovely to not have to tip toe around these issues, the material should obviously be of a better cut to begin with. I guess I was just agreeing with DLD, in the sense that it is what it is - without excusing necessarily.

A couple years back when I got my HT Reeve, I had to return the first one I got sent for the very reasons you mention - the suit had tears right out of the box. The second one was fine (although I managed to snag that one via light handling anyway :gah: :lol), but all the stuffing around in between is just a mood killer, not to mention less than acceptable.

I'm assuming HT thinks that the fabric they chose is the best alternative in their eyes, for mass production that doesn't affect their bottom line.

Wait, I want to order this from Sideshow but they are saying all of their stock has crooked chest symbols? Should I order from BBTS now? I want to get my points for this figure but if I get stuck with a messed up piece it won't be worth it. Would BBTS replace a toy that has this defect?

No, they are just saying that all of their symbols are crooked because they don't give a s **t about what they perceive to be a minor flaw and couldn't be arsed checking their stock. Plenty of folks are reporting straight symbols from Sideshow. I guess after the Vader debacle the CS staff want some time out from nerd rage.

DSC_0239_zpse6723ae7.jpg

I don't believe their story for a second. They're just looking for an easy way out so they don't have to deal with the issue.

Great pic! This Batman figure has really surpassed my expectations. I guess I got lucky in that my figure wasn't messed up at all but who knows how long that will last. It's very difficult to own this figure and not change up the poses so hopefully I won't damage it while doing so. Robin is charging this Friday so I'll have the Dynamic Duo displayed together next week--now I just need the Batmobile and I'll be set. And maybe a Joker. And a Newmar Catwoman. Maybe an Alfred. And a red phone and bust accessories. Damn this hobby to hell.

Every picture of Batman I see his suit looks like it is made of a thicker material like cotton in a 1/6 figure t shirt, as opposed to a stretchy spandex...which you would think should not be prone to pulls...

Its not a thicker material, there is a suit underneat to make is appear that that way, like a body suit. I personally like the material used for the suit, looks very accurate and has a nice soft and flexible feel to it, like cotton. Mine hasnt snagged or anything even after pulling on it to try to get my emblem more centered. The emblem issue on mine is not major, if I pose him in action you cant tell it is not centered, but standing straight up and looking at him in a standard pose, its is obviously not centered. I dont think you can remove the emblem without damaging the body suit or leaving a residue from the emblem, the screen print is pretty thick like a patch, not like a screen print on a normal tshirt.

Going by the photos on here the suit looks like it is made of the same material as those cheap Jersey knit sheet sets that come in a bag.

These:
mnGrVjjotdKMH3Buf02G5jA.jpg

If that is the case all the Batman's are doomed to snags sooner or later. That material is TopHat

I predicted this, I just didn't see SS exchanging a figure for the majority of us who have this issue, I really hope they would own up to it and back up their product.

Back