1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's a fantastic review; thanks for posting. I, too, share his sense of disbelief. Though I haven't waited as long as a lot of you have, it's kind of amazing to see so many impossible licenses become a reality. First Superman, then 89; if you went back even 3 years and said "I wonder if Hot Toys would ever make Adam West," people would think you were nuts because of all of the rights issues. It's so surreal that, at any given moment, I could have a high end, officially licensed product approved by Jack Nicholson or Adam West with the click of a button.

Couldn't resist

DSCF2341_zpsac8968b3.jpg

DSCF2342_zps45213ff3.jpg

I think the point on how much they researched this is mute, if the suit is fraying as soon as you get it. Like the real suit, WE don't have the benefit of a prop department waiting to repair or replace a damaged suit. I picture this looking like a wooly sheep in a year. It's supposed to be posable, which means it will be handled...it's not a PF. I'd like to be wrong about this. It's just, judging from the amount of reports of the suit snagging as soon as it's out of the box, etc. worries me. Tony's custom suit is an option (one I took, but shouldn't have too).
I've been a 1/6 collector for well over 30 years, and as the hobby has changed in that time, I do know that certain precautions should be taken into consideration with certain product. I just don't think this is one of them.

i've been collecting for 50 years, and there's simply no excuse for this. I've never had to "glove up" to handle a figure before. Premium collectibles demand premium materials and craftsmanship.

Did anyone who was charged for Robin on the 15th receive a shipping notice yet? They were suppose to be sent out as soon as they arrived in the warehouse and I would think they should have them by now.

My Robin ship notice is for Friday May 25. PO'ed day 1 hour 1.

Sideshow Catwoman ships on Wed. Adam West arrives tomorrow. Holy bat-week!

i've been collecting for 50 years, and there's simply no excuse for this. I've never had to "glove up" to handle a figure before. Premium collectibles demand premium materials and craftsmanship.
I remember when I first opened up my HT Reeve Superman & - although setting him up very carefully, I snagged the suit almost immediately. :lol

This Batman sounds worse again. :gah:

Yep I got him about 2 weeks ago from timcent (ebay)
He gets the figs literally as soon as they are out the factory.
He is based in Hong Kong but the figs usually take no longer then a week to be delivered.

Is Robin as snaggy as Batman?

Yeah, he's got a fantastic collection. He co-hosts Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith (which is hilarious), so, I follow him on twitter and he actually got these figures a few weeks ago. Sideshow sent him Batman and Robin early, which I'd say he more than deserved since he contributed a large chunk of the payment for Adam West's star on the walk of fame.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's got a fantastic collection. He co-hosts Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith (which is hilarious), so, I follow him on twitter and he actually got these figures a few weeks ago. Sideshow sent him Batman and Robin early, which I'd say he more than deserved since he contributed a large chunk of the payment for Adam West's star on the walk of fame.

Wow, these are all new info for me... THanks for filling me in. Yup, he does deserve that token for helping immortalize Adam West on the WoF.

Yeah, it's one of those awesome stories because he was a fan just like any of us, and now, West's become one of his good friends. I think he actually paid for the majority of the star, and the rest of it came from the funds procured by his two(four?)-hour "Evening with Adam West" podcast sales. I could be wrong, though, so don't quote me. That's part of the reason I'm so excited for the Batman 66' Green Lantern book. I'm not part of the "let's bash Kevin Smith" fan club, as I quite like his work, but Garman's involvement as a '66 superfan makes me think it'll have that extra attention to detail/authenticity from Garman.

Yeah, it's one of those awesome stories because he was a fan just like any of us, and now, West's become one of his good friends. I think he actually paid for the majority of the star, and the rest of it came from the funds procured by his two(four?)-hour "Evening with Adam West" podcast sales. I could be wrong, though, so don't quote me. That's part of the reason I'm so excited for the Batman 66' Green Lantern book. I'm not part of the "let's bash Kevin Smith" fan club, as I quite like his work, but Garman's involvement as a '66 superfan makes me think it'll have that extra attention to detail/authenticity from Garman.
A bunch of us from 66batman.com made contributions to go toward the star. We were told that a certain amount had to be raised by a certain time and a link was provided. So many members jumped on that to get Adam his long deserved star.

A bunch of us from 66batman.com made contributions to go toward the star. We were told that a certain amount had to be raised by a certain time and a link was provided. So many members jumped on that to get Adam his long deserved star.

That's awesome!

Back