1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally, huh! :lol

Do you have these yet man?

Yup, I was a little late opening them because I was busy.

I've had Batman and Robin for well over a month now. Took a huge risk by waiting to inspect them past the 30 day guarantee.

Thankfully, absolutely no problems. The suits on both Batman and Robin are perfect. No crooked, misaligned symbols, no popped collars, no broken snaps, nothing. Right out of the box, Batman has snags/fuzz all over his body. One arm, bottom torso, left leg, etc. they were already there when I lifted him out of the tray delicately with surgical gloves so I'm just going to assume they're all like that. The snags themselves aren't horrible or eye distracting thankfully, so I'm just going to let it be and be thankful everything else is fine. I did notice a slight, slight shiny blemish spot on the matte of the black cowl and a minor splotch near the head, but I'm guessing that's from the plastic packaging wrap that was around the head. Not a deal breaker.

Robin came out perfect, no snags, no blemishes, nothing. Since Batman had slight snags regardless of gloves, I'm not even going to worry about wearing them when I handle the figure. They're more of a nuisance than they are a help, especially when it comes to the cape snaps. The only thing I hated about these two is the excessive amount of plastic wrappings they're wrapped in. That bib thing around Batman's neck drove me nuts. I tried to take it off carefully, but it just wouldn't come off. I usually try and get all the plastic sleeves off and store them in the box just in case I sell the figure again, but these were too much of a damn hassle. I just threw all that **** away.

Anyway, love them both.

- both boxes are fantastic, love the 60s feel and colors
- likeness of both are amazing
- colors are nice and vibrant (though I think Batman could have a brighter blue)
- great movement with the articulation

Probably the most colorful and fun Hot Toys figures I own. They're not perfect and Batman's suit does piss me off a bit, but once you set the dynamic duo up, there's just something that pops about them. Despite the snags, Batman might be my favorite 1/6 Bat yet. It's great to finally have a legit Robin as well. Considering I paid less than 190 shipped for each of these guys, I can easily say I'm quite pleased. Very well done figures.

Added these bad boys to my shelf and I have to echo the color comment. You just don't realize how bland and colorless most 1/6 figures are until you pop Batman and Robin in there. Adds so much more vibrancy to a display!

With Batman '66 hitting gift card eligible and me having $50 in free gift cards expiring in a few days I figured I might as well grab this guy. I might be getting some more gift cards this month so if Robin doesn't sell out perhaps at the end of the month I'll grab him as well. Looking forward to some fun "playing" with this one.

Well, on the plus side of the rerelease thing, it shouldn't be difficult to assume that HT will probably make a Surf's Up Batman, since they'd only need to sew a pair of shorts and make a surf board.:lol

Just a heads up IFC, Independent Film Channel, is showing a 66 Batman Marathon today

Well, on the plus side of the rerelease thing, it shouldn't be difficult to assume that HT will probably make a Surf's Up Batman, since they'd only need to sew a pair of shorts and make a surf board.:lol
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they make that version of the character as an exclusive of some sort as some point. It'd be an easy re-release for them to do.

I truly hope HTs does more than a Batman rehash. This line is so packed full of potential but I'm afraid this version of Batman just isn't popular enough for HTs to dig in too much further.

Those who bought the TM bat suit, did you glue down the shirt?

nope, tucked in.

the suit and cape are fantastic. so much more durable and the cape sits so nicely.

07%2005%20bat66%2001.jpg

07%2005%20bat66%2002.jpg

I finally stopped procrastinating and put on the Tony suit. So glad I don't have to look at those lame pulls anymore, and of course, the cape hangs much much better, and the more screen accurate color and symbol is nice.

DSC_0153_zps598a538a.jpg

DSC_0151_zps49201da0.jpg

Back