1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's here...and he's awesome. Great job on the faceplates, eyes & paint apps, easily the best since '89 Batman, probably the best since it's a better fit.
Very life-like.

Cape is pure crapola, though. Glad I've got a Tony cape (& suit) coming.

my emblem was crooked and not even centered

I don't get how they could put these to market and think it was going to be ok with everyone

It's the focal point

HT's just wasting collectors' time & effort of having to return/exchange these figures to get a non-crooked emblem--they need better QC, especially for a $200+ figure!

I just got my Bats and he is going back. Shame, really love this character. Slightly crooked symbol which I probably could have worked with but there is a pull on the chest and leg that I cannot. If the suit is that fragile I want no part of it.
I have been collecting figures for quite some time and this is simply not acceptable.
Part of the fun of this hobby is picking up, admiring and reposing these figures.
I am afraid to look at this figure for fear of pulling the suit.

I really hope that mine don't have any QC problems. I asked SSC to hold it back so, if all goes through as planned, I should be getting the dynamic duo together, in the same box, after I'm charged Friday, so I hope that I'm filled with a total sense of exuberance at the spectical I'm witnessing, rather than a bit of sad regret that I need to return one of them because his Batsymbol's on his side.:lol

It's a shame too pjam, because they really nailed everything else with this figure. Such a fantastic likeness of Mr West and the extras were perfect for any fan of the series.
I will definitely add a word of warning, handle this figure with extreme care, I actually got additional pulls in the figure just from pulling it out to take pictures for SS's return form.
Yes, the suit is that easy to pull.

My emblem on his chest is not centered :/ Cant really adjust to suit much to center it either, its on so tight it seems to just go back to where it was after a min.

I just emailed BBTS to give them a heads up re fabric flaws and crooked emblems and included a link to this thread. I'm hoping (after the HT 89 Batmobile fiasco) they'll inspect these before shipping them out to avoid replacement and return shipping costs.

Mine is dead center

Awesome!

giphy.gif

Man these QC issues are really putting me off ordering West, might just wait for the UK sellers to get him in so he's a lot easier to return

I have my robin on the way from HK though, so excited to get him. It's great to have a Batman character that isn't the Joker or the man himself to add some variety to my shelves

Just received a reply back from Sideshow regarding my way off centered emblem. According to them, "the stock has been checked and they are all like that. Sorry, we are unable to replace the figure for you." They really think I am going to accept that crap!

Last edited:
Man, I'll be on my way home soon to open mine. So nervous. I got a Star-Spangled Cap from Sideshow with crooked torso stripes, and they gave me the same response about not replacing it.

Just received a reply back fro Sideshow regarding my way off centered emblem. According to them, "the stock has been checked and they are all like that. Sorry, we are unable to replace the figure for you." They really think I am going to accept that crap!

What a BS response! "Yep we've just checked them and they're all faulty ... So yours is fine."

Just received a reply back from Sideshow regarding my way off centered emblem. According to them, "the stock has been checked and they are all like that. Sorry, we are unable to replace the figure for you." They really think I am going to accept that crap!

That's their stock answer these days. Call a rep & demand justice!

If that's really the case then when I get mine I'll just send it back to SS and go with AE or BBTS and ask them to check and make sure the emblem is centered before shipping it. I have a hard time believing that they checked their entire stock and all of them are crooked.

That's a weird answer...I got mine from Sideshow and the emblem is perfect.

What a bummer. If Sideshow aren't going to acknowledge this as an issue then I've got zero chance of amiami doing so if mine is crooked.

Back