Refunds on Ebay: How long do you typically wait?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
My apologies in advance for adding another Ebay thread to the "Other Topics" section :lol. But, I have a question about a return transaction, and I'm hoping that someone would be able to offer some guidance. I sent a return shipment to an Ebay seller and it was delivered to them yesterday at 12:30 PM. Since then, I've sent a few messages inquiring on when they plan to refund me on PayPal, but I haven't heard back. So, should I give them a little more time, or should I immediately file a claim on PayPal? The reason that I ask, is because I heard, that PayPal offers only a limited window to file claims (like a few days). But, I'm not sure if it's true...

Just to note: I didn't open a case on Ebay, because there wasn't a problem with the item. I just needed to return it for a refund, and the seller mentioned on their listing that they accept returns within "7 days" from the date of purchase. Strangely, she was very proactive in communicating, until yesterday when the item was finally delivered.

Yeah, I figured so, too. The time-frame on PayPal has me the most concerned, though (if there is such a thing?). So, I'm not really sure how long I should actually wait.

It's kind of nerve-wracking, having to return something, and then trusting in the other person to honor their word to give back your dough :lol.

From what I'm finding, she has 3 days to issue you a refund. If you paid by credit card through paypal, it might take up to 3 days to show up on your card.

From what I'm finding, she has 3 days to issue you a refund. If you paid by credit card through paypal, it might take up to 3 days to show up on your card.

Ah, I see. Thanks, Ween. I'll give her until Thursday afternoon - hopefully, she replies before then. I did pay with my PayPal credit card. But, a refund that's issued through PayPal should show up on my PayPal account, before it does on my credit card, right?

Ah, I see. Thanks, Ween. I'll give her until Thursday afternoon - hopefully, she replies before then. I did pay with my PayPal credit card. But, a refund that's issued through PayPal should show up on my PayPal account, before it does on my credit card, right?

I don't know. Try going to the community section and typing in a question. That's where I go first to look for answers.

https://community.ebay.com/

Yes it should if you paid through paypal using a paypal credit card.

If you paid through regular credit card processing site and not paypal maybe not.

Back