Colorado Flooding

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ween

Wahooooo!!!!
Reaction score
I was just wondering how our Colorado members are doing with all this rain and flooding.

Hope all is well.

I've just gotten a ton of rain, but no damage. Thankfully, I live in an area that seems to be close to all the drama (fires, floods, etc) but not face any danger.

<<<<<<<<<<<<D.O.T. employee. Part of my job involves securing FHWA disaster relief funds. This aint gonna be cheap. $150-200m for state roads alone. Not even counting FEMA related charges which will probably end up around another 200m.

Lost over 30 bridges. Many more road wash outs.

They said if this was snow it would have been over 150"s.

Personally, everything is ok. Just lost my sump pump, but no flooding. Just had to manually vac and carry about 100 gallons out of the sump tank.

<<<<<<<<<<<<D.O.T. employee. Part of my job involves securing FHWA disaster relief funds. This aint gonna be cheap. $150-200m for state roads alone. Not even counting FEMA related charges which will probably end up around another 200m.

Lost over 30 bridges. Many more road wash outs.

They said if this was snow it would have been over 150"s.

Personally, everything is ok. Just lost my sump pump, but no flooding. Just had to manually vac and carry about 100 gallons out of the sump tank.

Been there don't that! UGH! I invested in 3 submersibles that I could throw into the pump hole if I needed a back up. Sometimes I have two going and the sump pump and can't keep up.

Glad you got through it okay. What a mess for the state.

1234336_10151697788776700_1619341182_n.jpg

SnakeDoc

I live in Fort Collins, where a good chunk of the flooding happened. Its fine now but Friday was pretty bad. The river that runs parallel to the highway flooded, closing off all the roads that led to the interstate. Took me 3 hours to find a back road that would finally allow me to get to work.

Getting home was even more of a pain, as by then all the highways had been closed off (even though it had long since stopped raining). Had to take a bunch of dirt farm trails home.

I'm heading up there tomorrow actually. Good to hear it's all good. I know a lot of people up there in collage right now.

Put in about 11 hours each of the past 3 days trying to help get funding in place. To make matters worse for me last week of Sept is fiscal year end for the Feds.

Back