"Money" Mayweather VS. Canelo Alvarez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And will always have that unwritten asterisk by his "undefeated" claim for ducking Pacquiao.

Your opinion that is not shared by me. Both money & pac kyboshed the fight - money wanted too much % and Olympic style drug testing- pac and his handlers refused- so how is that ducking?:dunno

And money doesn't hand pick his fights - the wbc in cahoots with his management team do this:lol

...and they will continue to do so until money is not as marketable.

ALL boxers hand pick their opponents. :lol

Boxers are free agents that have to agree to fights. Fighters might sign to fight for certain promotions/TV channels but those contracts only dictate where the matches will be aired (Showtime, HBO, etc.) and who will handle the promotion (Goldenboy, Don King, Bob Arum, etc.) not who a boxer will fight.

Every single match up in boxing history was and IS a "hand picked" fight. :lol

I guess which is why boxing sucks!

I do see mayweather ducking fights he might lose and picking only those he knows he'll win np. there needs to be a contention system to take it more seriously..

I see alot of people throw the word "ducking" around in a way that seems to imply Mayweather is scared of certain opponents. But, almost in every case, excluding Pacman (so far), Mayweather has ended up fighting opponents he was allegedly ducking and turning out a much higher profit for it by letting the hype build up for it. I remember when he was supposedly ducking Jose Louis Castillo, Mosley, Hatton, Sergio, and Cotto. Look at how those turned out. He might lose any fight, but I think deep down he has always known he can dodge and counter Pacman and coast to a decision victory.

He's a business man first-an-foremost. And a boxer second. And I don't mean that as a compliment. But I don't see anything about Mayweather that suggests he is any more scared than any other champion confident in his skills.

I love when "Money" fights. I always bet enough that I'll be able to get at least 3 or 4 statues for that year.

Thank you Mayweather for helping me build my collection...:yess:

True Story... Money in the bank literally...:)

Hahaha! Yesss!:yess::hi5::clap

So who else made some money? I cleaned up! :lol

I guess which is why boxing sucks!

I do see mayweather ducking fights he might lose and picking only those he knows he'll win np. there needs to be a contention system to take it more seriously..

There is it's called the Ring magazine ranking system--oh yeah- mayweather is the pfp champ ergo not a "ducker" like several are calling him-he is simply the best boxer on the planet.:wave

Back