Build your own Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will look bulky im thinking of using human hair and push needle the hair through silicone granted it will take probably 3 weeks to get that to cover the whole body. and i will need to cover head in a layer of silicone brush on and push hair into it. Now i kinda wish the head was casted in a stiff silicone instead of resin it would make my job alot easier.

dragon skin is a fleshlike silicone used in mask's and prosthetic used in Hollywood. which is different from silicone rubber. the body im using is what i used for scarecrow and it's skinny

Just thought id let anyone know whom might be looking to buy a custom chewie my friend from toomanyfigures has complete one for me. He has committed himself to only make 5 there is one left and one going to ebay.

Just thought i would share all this with u all hope one of u can score and awesome Chewie cheers.

Check him out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TOOMANYFIGURES

A lot of really awesome custom Chewie's in here!

It's a shame we'll probably never get a really good official version. Although personally I'd settle for just a really good sculpted version. Looking at the new HT Groot, I have to imagine it's possible to do something similar for Chewie, and have lots of layers of soft, sculpted hair instead of wood.

I was thinking if i coated the body in silicone i could thread with a push needle the hair in his body, Do you guys thing that would look more authentic?

Hand punching the hair into silicon is a good idea. Dragon skin should work, one of the putty silicones or life casting ones could be applied easier. I like mohair instead of human for 1/6.

but what would be a good base body to use to do this? and where can you find the dragon skin and silicone at

Use a skinny body. trust me originally I used a dc direct 13 inch body first off and it was way to big. The fur will add a lot of mass to the body. I modded the **** out of a SSC luke bespin body. I ended up literally cutting the legs in half right below and above the knees. I elongated it with epoxy and pens (empty tubs) and alot of patience. Worked great!

Use a skinny body. trust me originally I used a dc direct 13 inch body first off and it was way to big. The fur will add a lot of mass to the body. I modded the **** out of a SSC luke bespin body. I ended up literally cutting the legs in half right below and above the knees. I elongated it with epoxy and pens (empty tubs) and alot of patience. Worked great!

got a picture of your Chewbacca so I can see it

Seriously considering making myself a custom Chewie over the winter months....where to start is the problem!!!

Sent from atop my Dewback

Back