Any Vancouverites here?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm moving to Vancouver (North, specifically), and I'm wondering if you guys have any tips for me. I've been there for a couple short trips, so I know parking and driving there is a nightmare... But what about groceries? I'm near a Safeway, and that's great, but it's been bought by Sobeys so it might not be a Safeway that longer... :lol

Also... Dining, places to avoid, best spots for sightseeing and all that stuff? And comic shops, too - I'll totally be checking out Urban Samurai, but is there anything else?

If it matters, I'm taking my car and possibly getting a bus pass.

Vancourites.... booo! Destroying your city after a hockey game. Nut jobs!

I tease. I am Canadian and have family in BC. So, liking the Horvat pick?

Vancourites.... booo! Destroying your city after a hockey game. Nut jobs!

I tease. I am Canadian and have family in BC. So, liking the Horvat pick?

Ha, I remember that. Quite an embarrassing moment for the more sane people who lived there, I'll bet. I have family out there, too. They're down in Burnaby. When it comes to Horvat, I don't actually follow Hockey at all. I'm totally clueless on that front, so I can't even offer my opinion! :lol

I love the Vancouver area and would move there in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Good to hear that! :hi5: That makes me even more excited to get out of Winterpeg!

Ha, I remember that. Quite an embarrassing moment for the more sane people who lived there, I'll bet. I have family out there, too. They're down in Burnaby. When it comes to Horvat, I don't actually follow Hockey at all. I'm totally clueless on that front, so I can't even offer my opinion! :lol

Good to hear that! :hi5: That makes me even more excited to get out of Winterpeg!

Oh I can imagine. Being surrounded by culture, mountains and the best mountain biking and snowboarding in the country sounds great to me.

I'm moving to Vancouver (North, specifically), and I'm wondering if you guys have any tips for me. I've been there for a couple short trips, so I know parking and driving there is a nightmare... But what about groceries? I'm near a Safeway, and that's great, but it's been bought by Sobeys so it might not be a Safeway that longer... :lol

Also... Dining, places to avoid, best spots for sightseeing and all that stuff? And comic shops, too - I'll totally be checking out Urban Samurai, but is there anything else?

If it matters, I'm taking my car and possibly getting a bus pass.

First of all, Welcome!

Toy Traders is a little far, Langley, but worth the drive. I wont say much else other than it is an amazing place to see for the first time, great store too.

GoldenAge comics is on Granville street, their prices unfortunately are victim to the downtown location, they are very very high.

Dining, can't go wrong with Veras burgers, they are really great. Also Memphis Blues has great meat.

Vancouver is an expensive, but beautiful place to live.

Winnipeg is a great city mister. I live minutes away from St. Vital bridge. lol

Boo.... most Peggers that leave this city, tend to come back. The grass is not always greener on the other side. This city has a lot to offer. But yes, I am not looking forward to our ****ty Winter. At least the winter of 2011/12 wasn't so bad. Very mild and short. ;)

Back