XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I was promised a coin as well. Like you couldn't grab one coin and go someplace and have more made lol

Yep I was promised a coin as well. Like you couldn't grab one coin and go someplace and have more made lol

Yeah. Due to the fully sculpted nature as well, I'm kind of expecting recast. That point about the coin is true, be carefull when buying aftermarket y'all!

Yeah. Due to the fully sculpted nature as well, I'm kind of expecting recast. That point about the coin is true, be carefull when buying aftermarket y'all!

You know each statue have a registration code on the base, they can recast the statue but can't pass it off as real deal.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Savage now your the recast expert? I'll be sure to heed your advice :lol

You know each statue have a registration code on the base, they can recast the statue but can't pass it off as real deal.

I dunno Kee... They may recast registrations too. After all the base they are written on is fully sculpted :lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Savage now your the recast expert? I'll be sure to heed your advice :lol

I dunno Kee... They may recast registrations too. After all the base they are written on is fully sculpted :lecture

No expert. Just seems like common sense to me. Most stuff that gets recast from sideshow is the fully sculpted stuff. Especially with how rare this will be.

It just sucks man. Buncha cons

No expert. Just seems like common sense to me. Most stuff that gets recast from sideshow is the fully sculpted stuff. Especially with how rare this will be.

It just sucks man. Buncha cons

You know you can register your XM statues right? They all have unique identification codes that are sent to the customer when purchased.

You know you can register your XM statues right? They all have unique identification codes that are sent to the customer when purchased.

Yes. I assume if someone wanted this guy after market and the options were pay more for legit one, or less for a not so legit one... I'm guessing at least 75% take the cheaper option. Haha

Wether it's legit or not.

Yes. I assume if someone wanted this guy after market and the options were pay more for legit one, or less for a not so legit one... I'm guessing at least 75% take the cheaper option. Haha

Wether it's legit or not.

How do you get that 75% number? I doubt 75% of the people are that short sighted. You are assuming the quality is the same. In addition, it has next to no resale value unlike the real thing. If you try to sell it, you could potentially get in trouble with the law (unlikely but possible).

How do you get that 75% number? I doubt 75% of the people are that short sighted. You are assuming the quality is the same. In addition, it has next to no resale value unlike the real thing. If you try to sell it, you could potentially get in trouble with the law (unlikely but possible).

True. All I was trying to say is recast suck, but the likelihood of it happening to this is greater. Hate to see those hideous recasts out and about.

Have recasts of this shown up yet??? Until they do why are we having this conversation??? Savage!!! Have you been drinking again???

tumblr_ldng6wN0Uq1qdszdg.gif

P.S. New PF??? Where is my PM???

Have recasts of this shown up yet??? Until they do why are we having this conversation??? Savage!!! Have you been drinking again???

tumblr_ldng6wN0Uq1qdszdg.gif

P.S. New PF??? Where is my PM???

It's only an hour away in a UPS distribution center. Damn guys. I should get it tomorrow around 3pm pst. It's nothing crazy, just tracked down an old one.

Yeah most people want nothing to do with a recast. As in avoid them like the plague

True, but if the price of the original have gone up triple value say, then maybe some collector will look into the recast version bc it's so much cheaper.

I think SS pieces were easier to recast due to their simplicity, SS never went crazy with details on their statues... To try and make a recast of XM piece and make it look even close to the original would cost a lot of money, something I would imagine that recasters try to avoid.

Back