Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want Tupuxuara and T-Rex maquette by David and Jorge to relaunch with new paint! HaHaHa:panic::rotfl:slap

PS Why not and Apatosaurus:thud:!!! I almost forgot, I want Mosasaur to be a repainted version even if the official version is not yet released. . This year is the year of relaunch color tones! hahahaha

I think we need to make a special section with relaunched statues in different colors. Let's be a little careful about title

----Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)--- not repaint statues

With the new bases, i would say they have done a good deal more than just a generic repaint/reissue. I dont think anyone expected that.

They're not really new though. They look like the same bases with a repaint and an additional substrata level (that looks a bit odd to me).

But the repaints on both the dinos shown so far are markedly better than their first versions (the Spino particularly), so I'm glad they're doing them.

I'm assuming no Ex/skulls for the new ones though, which should help the older versions to hold their value.

Sideshow updated with a blog post on the two re-issues. Looking at the Styracosaurus I may now also pick it up even though I hadn't planned to in the past.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/sideshows-dinosauria-lives-on

"Inspired by this undying curiosity, the Sideshow team is excited to revisit specimens of the Dinosauria collection with the same spirit of artistic exploration. Starting with Styracosaurus and Spinosaurus, look forward to seeing variations of familiar favorites in a new light, featuring reimagined colorations and alternative base designs."​

• Styracosaurus
    • price $279.99
    • features vibrant crest coloration and variegated patterns
    • looks like the base is changed/different
  • Spinosaurus
    • price $329.99
    • features russet camouflage colors and a mottled patterning
    • looks like the base is changed/different

Based on this quote...

"Starting with Styracosaurus and Spinosaurus, look forward to seeing variations of familiar favorites in a new light, featuring reimagined colorations and alternative base designs."

It sounds like we should expect more re-issues in the future.

Nice! I may have to get some of these! :rock

Alternative base designs ? It looks like they just black rock or water on the existing base...I had thought that was a Mosa exclusive design but maybe it's a new look for the whole line.

Pricing is about what I expected..about 300.00 each. The Styrac I believe was quite a bit less when it came out and the Spino was a little less. I like the new paint, hopefully for those really excited it will look as good after the factory copies it and not be what we've come to expect. Recall the the Dilophosaurus paint differences anyone ?

Honestly all I see Sideshow saying is here is a minimal effort to give you something new in lieu of brand new pieces...all the while padding their wallet. :/

Yeah, I'm not fond of the black charcoal looking rock stuff under the base either. I don't think it'll look good with previous releases that don't have that added to the bases.

Styracosaurus - $199.99
Spinosaurus - $289.99

new repaints are going to be :

Styracosaurus
price $279.99
Spinosaurus
price $329.99

Sideshow really marked up the Styrac it looks like. The thing is if the market does flood with an open edition you might be able to score these on the secondary market for even less. :/

Considering I paid silly money for the Carno on eBay I'm sorta annoyed there will be more of them floating around in the future.

Considering I paid silly money for the Carno on eBay I'm sorta annoyed there will be more of them floating around in the future.

I paid for T-Rex Maquette, Carnotaurus, Euoplocephalus, Styracosaurus, T-rex vs triceratops double price for each piece in hand + transport. I did this because I thought that once it's out of stock so remain!!!. What would now that all the old statues from Sideshow Dinosauria line only to be repainted? Hmmmm bad strategy for real hardcore fans of this line:slap. That is, who knows maybe I'll start to collect in parallel, a gorgeous new line of ARH mythology.:wink1:

PS when I think how much it cost now on ebay T-rex Maquette makes me sick. Cost $ 2,488. Suppose I pay this amount for this statue, and after one month from the Sideshow would tell me that T-rex is relaunching under a different color at a price of $ 300, what should I do?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-E...511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58add5c6ef

Styrac and Spino up for pre-order now. Limited to 2 per account, so not too small a run I guess.

Styrac and Spino up for pre-order now. Limited to 2 per account, so not too small a run I guess.

..and it looks like an open edition. So maybe we should wait and pick these up for 150.00 when they reach the secondary market.

They should have done a paint on demand, actually had Riojas and the others paint them and charge 5-800.00 each. That would have been a pretty cool collectible.

Back