Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Styrac color, but don't care for the Spino colors. And now I cant stop looking at the charcoal layer on the base, it wont match at all. :thud:

Actually I was just looking at the new Mosasuar and it too has this new style of base. But looking closer at the re-colors it appears the grey-ish rock style base is just another foundation and likely could be left off to keep the same look as the originals.

What makes everyone think it's an open edition? The site says "Limited Edition: TBD" on the both. As I recall that's been the case on the prior releases as well until they set a fixed release size sometime later.

What makes everyone think it's an open edition? The site says "Limited Edition: TBD" on the both. As I recall that's been the case on the prior releases as well until they set a fixed release size sometime later.

If I recall when these pieces first came out they had set edition numbers. Now with all of them being TBD they might as well be open editions..they don't set a number til much later after everyone has what they want..what's limited about that ?

Actually I was just looking at the new Mosasuar and it too has this new style of base. But looking closer at the re-colors it appears the grey-ish rock style base is just another foundation and likely could be left off to keep the same look as the originals.

Yes it does. But if it's glued on are we going to remove it ? Not likely as that de-values the piece. Including another hunk of resin that does nothing for the piece but make prices and shipping go up is a bit ridiculous. Each piece already has a base..why add a secondary one ?

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. I asked and Sideshow Alex said that they'll be affixed to the base.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?27665-Official-ASK-SIDESHOW-form&p=6721486&viewfull=1#post6721486

Yes it does. But if it's glued on are we going to remove it ? Not likely as that de-values the piece. Including another hunk of resin that does nothing for the piece but make prices and shipping go up is a bit ridiculous. Each piece already has a base..why add a secondary one ?

No I definitely wouldn't pull it apart if it's affixed of course. And as Boba Ben linked to in his post that appears to be the case. :(

I paid for T-Rex Maquette, Carnotaurus, Euoplocephalus, Styracosaurus, T-rex vs triceratops double price for each piece in hand + transport. I did this because I thought that once it's out of stock so remain!!!. What would now that all the old statues from Sideshow Dinosauria line only to be repainted? Hmmmm bad strategy for real hardcore fans of this line:slap. That is, who knows maybe I'll start to collect in parallel, a gorgeous new line of ARH mythology.:wink1:

PS when I think how much it cost now on ebay T-rex Maquette makes me sick. Cost $ 2,488. Suppose I pay this amount for this statue, and after one month from the Sideshow would tell me that T-rex is relaunching under a different color at a price of $ 300, what should I do?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-E...511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58add5c6ef

I feel your pain (on a smaller scale though), it was so hard to get a Carno and now they are going to flood the market, not cool, what can you do I guess though.

Well, I paid at least double, nearly triple (compared to the original retail prices) to get these, and I got them when they were just released. It really sucks to live in a shithole country that makes you pay a ludicrous amount of $$$ for imported collectibles.

Well, I paid at least double, nearly triple (compared to the original retail prices) to get these, and I got them when they were just released. It really sucks to live in a shithole country that makes you pay a ludicrous amount of $$$ for imported collectibles.

About triple the price that you paid Dyscrasia, I can say it's a little similar problem in Europe. For example in the USA all the statues are sold in $ at a price set by sideshow, in Europe the same statue sells in euro, which is higher than the value as $. Concrete example - Stegosaurus, cost $ 349.99 in USA and in Europe at a famous shop the statue cost 359 Euro + 30 Euro transport. In my country the equivalent of 389 euros (shipping included) = $ 538.33. That means a huge difference in price that buying an American and a European final price. Difference that I pay for it is $ 188.34
USA
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-stegosaurus-sideshow-collectibles-2000471/

Germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosauri.../Stegosaurus-Dinosaurier-Modell-Sideshow.html

Hello everyone. I just have exceptional news for some fans of these line. It can preorder on May 8 Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus, I guess repainted. I do not want to be misunderstood but what happens to this line? Styracosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, and now Allo Vs Cam? I do not really understand the strategy of the sideshow, out of the money come easily. There are many species of dinosaurs very interesting ....they bring on stage the old statues just repainted and in the future promises a new T-rex for release .... hmmm
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/allosaurus-vs-camarasaurus-statue/

Sideshow is basically screwing over all their latecomer customers who paid 2x 3x the retail price on those "limited" edition sold out pieces in the aftermarket to complete their dino collection. so glad I sold trex and styracosaurus last year to free up shelf for master chief. Paid $1500 for both and only lost $100 after ebay fees. If I waited will be looking at a $1000 loss.

Thanks sideshow, you guys rock. Let us know when to bend over again.

Hello everyone. I just have exceptional news for some fans of these line. It can preorder on May 8 Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus, I guess repainted. I do not want to be misunderstood but what happens to this line? Styracosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, and now Allo Vs Cam? I do not really understand the strategy of the sideshow, out of the money come easily. There are many species of dinosaurs very interesting ....they bring on stage the old statues just repainted and in the future promises a new T-rex for release .... hmmm
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/allosaurus-vs-camarasaurus-statue/

That's actually a terrible repaint when compared to the original. blue and yellow mostly... ugh

You know this re-release business sorta makes under-value the whole line. Why jump to buy the first ones anymore when they'll be around again ?

I agree...if I owned the originals I'd be upset. God forbid that I'd payed aftermarket prices to get some and now you can get the variants...ugh. Just wait until SS does a variant of Doom, Spiderman, or some other grail.

Back