Ebay scam or not??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krec9

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys need some input im trying to sell my PCS Ken on Ebay no luck then a guy offers me alot for this rare pjece but has no feedback somethings telling me not to go near this guy. Its to good to be true I got offers but not like this.

Hey guys need some input im trying to sell my PCS Ken on Ebay no luck then a guy offers me alot for this rare pjece but has no feedback somethings telling me not to go near this guy. Its to good to be true I got offers but not like this.

As long as it goes through paypal it should be ok. Any situations like this tho, I always transfer the money out as soon as its there. Also if it rings alarm bells, take good photos of the item from all angles. alot of scams on there now are for partial refunds when the buyer isnt happy.......

video the statue and you packing it up etc <Removed by Moderator>.

Last edited by a moderator:
video the statue and you packing it up etc <Removed by Moderator>

Yes cover yourself from all angles. Just make sure you clear you pp account and check its in your bank safely before you send. Heard of all sorts of charge back scams thru paypal...

should be ok

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it goes through paypal it should be ok. Any situations like this tho, I always transfer the money out as soon as its there. Also if it rings alarm bells, take good photos of the item from all angles. alot of scams on there now are for partial refunds when the buyer isnt happy.......

Even though you transfered out, paypal can still back charge and you`ll end up in the negative balance which you still have to clear it. Unless you open another account...

Even though you transfered out, paypal can still back charge and you`ll end up in the negative balance which you still have to clear it. Unless you open another account...

Exactly. Worse case cenario would be to close the account but im sure it wont come to that.

It was just a light hearted figure of speech mate and it's been removed now. No racial intent what so ever as you could have guessed from the context it was used in

Far less than in your country actually though

is racism popular in the UK?

Normally I would advice against it, since PayPal protects buyers at the expense of the seller.. But since this guy have zero feedback, you can pretty much make any claim you want afterwards and PayPal will most likely side with you. I know this sounds ridiculous but that's PayPal in a nutshell.

-
-

Honestly, I think it could go either way. I think the no feedback worries me more than anything. Call Paypal. Let them know your concerns and just ask them how to cover your bases. There's no guarantee these days, unfortunately. All you can do is try your best.

That's fair. Personally, I've sold to and bought from a couple ppl with zero feedback without a problem. Worst I've had happen is someone with zero feedback win my auction then say their account was hacked to bid and they didn't want the item.

It was just a light hearted figure of speech mate and it's been removed now. No racial intent what so ever as you could have guessed from the context it was used in

Far less than in your country actually though

that was also an expression in america many years ago until deemed inappropriate and offensive. i know it wasn't meant in that way. :1-1:

Its always a risk selling/buying with someone who has Zero feedback. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I sold my Darth Vader PF to a guy with Zero feedback last year for $930 and it was one of my most pleasant transactions :)

Paypal will just put you in negative balance and worse still lock you out from using it for trading which is a major pain. They Always side with the buyer which is important to remember when you are taking risks buying but not selling. In this situation I would ask for a direct bank to bank transfer. And no they are unlikely to steal your identity... The same details are on cheques.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Paypal will just put you in negative balance and worse still lock you out from using it for trading which is a major pain. They Always side with the buyer which is important to remember when you are taking risks buying but not selling. In this situation I would ask for a direct bank to bank transfer. And no they are unlikely to steal your identity... The same details are on cheques.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

i would NEVER give my banking information to anyone.

Back