broken hot toys superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pin vice. Drill out a tiny hole in the peg , drill out the place where it broke off in the shoulder. take a pice of metal the size of the hole you drilled, put some 2-art epoxy on it, put it intho the hole you drilled in the peg in the arm. let it dry overnight.

Cut the metal pin ( like a large-size paperclip, or something similar) so the shouldder and broke joint in the arm will match flush when the metal pin is inserted into the shoulder. put some more of the 2-part epoxy on the other end of the pin, AND a tiny bit on the broken parts of the arm. push it together so it's flush, and let it sit overnight.

VIOLA! your arm is fixed.

Be cautious with the epoxy. use too much, and it will leak out, and permenently fuse the joint. Use too little, and it won't hold strong enough.

hi just my 2 cents but i just got my evil supes in from a hongkong breakers yard lol and in-hand the flesh tone is noticeable different to the good supes ,i suppose you could strip the rubber chest piece and swap them but it may be easier to buy the good supes body in the long run if you decide to go that way ,hope this helps who are you on the mego boards if i may be so bold lol see you over there cheers chris

So, i have a new body but i'm not sure how to get the costume - and especially the boots - off the old one. anyone have any suggestions, or can point me to a photo essay showing this? THANKS!

The boots just pop off easily.
The cape is held by two mini poppers on the back of the shoulders and two on the back.
Then you can pop the head off and gently pull the cape over the neck and start to ease it off the body.
The belt on the trunks is held in place with glue and has a peg and hole fastening that you will have to prize apart to undo the belt to get the trunks over the thighs.Not that hard to disassemble, but easy to damage the suit.

Either use cotton or latex gloves to avoid snagging and bobbling the material.
Order to disassemble.
1:Head/hands
2:Boots
3:Trunks
4:Suit
I can post some pics if you want tomorrow if you still want to try it.
I would definately use gloves if you want to keep the suit in mint condition and even then thetes achance of damaging it if you force it?
Hope this helps

My christopher reeve superman fell from the hot toys stand and hit the floor, hard. the left arm broke just above the bicep. is anyone aware if there's a replacement hot toys body i can buy without having to buy a whole new superman figure?

many thanks for any advice.

Heres all you need to know.
[ame]https://youtu.be/zUZwsFa-epU[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/FqTxPyW0Cfc[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/2B0Ly4v0zQU[/ame]

Hope it helps.

Eijjix,

did you ever fix a CR broken leg ( the ball that connects the leg actually) . I have broken CR and got some tips online but a video would be great.

Eijjix,

did you ever fix a CR broken leg ( the ball that connects the leg actually) . I have broken CR and got some tips online but a video would be great.

I have not, but I can show you how. I'll throw a video up during the end of the week about the lower half of a hot toys body in detail.
I referred to it a little in the deconstruction vid, just skip to the part when I get to the hip and legs section.

- Eric

I have not, but I can show you how. I'll throw a video up during the end of the week about the lower half of a hot toys body in detail.
I referred to it a little in the deconstruction vid, just skip to the part when I get to the hip and legs section.

- Eric

Thanks. I'm going to put off "surgery" till then. By the way, your videos are very helpful and entertaining. I'm going to bookmark them.

Thanks. I'm going to put off "surgery" till then. By the way, your videos are very helpful and entertaining. I'm going to bookmark them.

guess you don't have to wait long. heres the next chapter to help you on your endeavor.
[ame]https://youtu.be/IpUyDO6ozMw[/ame]

I love how quick members of this forum are to help out a brother in need. Truly a fantastic community!

Back