Cold Cathode Sabers are cool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sabers have arrived! Great package containing all the essentials to make it work. 1 tip, the adapter was us not for eu ;). I got off the adapter itself and added the two sabers to my powernetwork i had set up. Thank again nate! Wonderfull work!

7ata3asa.jpg

Best,

Robert

I'm sooooo glad they arrived in one piece. There's been a couple people that have had theirs damaged in transit. I have no real control over that.
I'm willing to fix/replace them it's just the shipping back and forth is a ******.

Nice setup. You got the 1st Jedi Like :)

Very happy with the sabers. Keep turning them on and off ;)

I'm sooooo glad they arrived in one piece. There's been a couple people that have had theirs damaged in transit. I have no real control over that.
I'm willing to fix/replace them it's just the shipping back and forth is a ******.

Nice setup. You got the 1st Jedi Like :)

Best,

Robert

Do people want sound effects with their sabers? Should be easy enough to do. Just have to keep it on the down-low if using samples from any of the movies...

I never got into programming microprocessors. I have several items with sound effects including a scratch built E-11 stormtrooper blaster which has a small board, but also very expensive. There is no way (that I know of) to give these sabers sound effects without spending a fortune and having to use a large base to house the electronics/speaker(s).

The units they use for life size sabers (i.e. Crystal Focus Module) are like $200 a piece.

Something small like the simple electronics in the hasbro C3PO/TC-14 for example could be doable if you have the know how to program something like that.

I'm using a USB programmable sound module for Jabba, but its fairly large (1.5"x3.5"). Only way to use that would be to put it inside something like the new Vader stand or Boba Fett's Bespin stand.

Those $200 modules for the full-size sabers also have motion sensors which aren't really relevant for a static display piece. ;)

A small module could be put inside Vader or inside a small enclosure that could also hold the inverter for the sabers. You'd need to slam a voltage converter in there too if you want to power it from 12v. If It was something I knew I could sell a few thousand of, I could have the sound module, with memory, on a board around the size of a dime and I'd get them mass produced. That doesn't include a speaker of course.

I'm thinking seriously of offering a sound option on my Jawa customs, so I can always try out some saber sounds to see how it plays out.

Thanks Natedog for posting my pictures...and of course for the amazing work on the sabers.

Enviado desde mi CUBOT P9 mediante Tapatalk

And thx for the comments too ;-)

Enviado desde mi CUBOT P9 mediante Tapatalk

NateDog youre a king! Thanks again buddy

1410927_10100209986403586_9013532073881520584_o.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-05-08 at 12.11.22 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-05-08 at 12.11.22 AM.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 213
Back