Statue Best purchase/deal you ever made.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 1/4th alien queen bust for a lil over $500 on eBay. Saved about 500 bucks there!
Also my morgul lord legendary scale bust for $250 a few years back. I've seen people selling it for 600 plus!

Patients is key! There are always good deals to be made! Not everyone out there is a flipper or looking to take advantage of other people's wallets!

I agree with you... Patient is the key for buying things! If you buy things in a rush you will loose your $$$$ (except you're the son of bill gates, or you have a lot of $$$$ to spend)

I got Cinemaquette Predator ex display from another collector (his eyebrow was missing 3 pcs on right 2 pcs on left, but now i already fix it :p) around us$2,000 on early 2012, and i think it was a good deal (while other "collector" sell it at high price)

Last April 2013 on ebay I finally got Psylocke Comiquette Exc again for au$420 incl shipping (this one is hard to find! i remember on that day, have a lot of bills to pay, and I must sell this beautiful statue to another collector, and i really regret it! Been looking this thing again with "good price" for more than years and found one on ebay, without hesitate i click buy it now before other "offer" is being approve by the seller :nana: )

Last April 2013 on ebay I finally got Psylocke Comiquette Exc again for au$420 incl shipping (this one is hard to find! i remember on that day, have a lot of bills to pay, and I must sell this beautiful statue to another collector, and i really regret it! Been looking this thing again with "good price" for more than years and found one on ebay, without hesitate i click buy it now before other "offer" is being approve by the seller :nana: )

Agreed, that Psylocke Comiquette is gorgeous. I've only seen two crop up on eBay and both of them at times when I had no funds. Big congrats on the score.

My bargain was £80 for a Logan PF.

I *almost* picked up a Punisher Premium Format for £85 but was outbid and I wasn't that interested to carry on. It sold for £87.

Bought a SS Logan Premium Format on the bay as a buy it now for 225 shipped.... Thought there was going to be something wrong with it for sure. Piece showed up in original art and shipping box and he was immaculate! Still can't believe someone sold him that cheap. Also picked up a beast comiquette ex on the bay for 265 shipped in an auction. Suckers!!! :slap :rotfl

Because its fugly lol

I grabbed the Neca Skeletor statue for $180 shipped, back when they were commonly selling on the second hand market in the $500-$600 range, though the price has probably dropped again since (rarely sell anything I own, so no idea on what current pricing is to be honest). Anyway, I was pretty happy with that. Still am. And I still love that statue.

I also grabbed the Dynamic Forces Marv statue for $100, and Hard Hero's Kull statue for under $50. Both really nice pieces, if you are a fan of the respective characters. In fact Kull isn't very popular these days, full stop, it seems. I think I paid $120 for Moore's Kull of Atlantis statue, which was around half retail if I recall correctly.

So I've scraped the odd nice bargain over the years.

I just preorder everything and consider it a deal. If I miss out on just 1 piece and have to pay scalper prices on it it will probably negate all the years of penny pinching lol.

But I'm not buying much lately... got out of star wars collecting and just focusing on ALien, Predator and Terminator with a few exceptions...

I did sell a Darth Talon Exclusive I got from SSC for retail for over $1200 though. When I bought it I thought I would never ever sell it lol.

I picked up the king kong vs vrex statue for 250 shipping included on amazon, and on top of that, I also got the venatasaurus wall bust for 50 bucks, shipping included, I'll never beat that deal.

I think the han is pretty bad but I did buy it twice... once for like 80 shipped and the second was even cheaper lol. Broke even when I Sold them.

Back