Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes in handy when someone asks you when you ordered.

Can't you just login to your Sideshow account and go to Track Orders? Why store all those emails? :dunno

It's not just for SS orders. It's for ALL emails.
To be fair, before i got a Gmail account, i used to do that very thing.
I would copy important info from emails and delete them to save space.
But when Gmail popped up and i got an account with them, with 7GB free storage, the big line they kept spouting was "You'll never need to delete an important email ever again!".
Now it has to be said i delete emails all the time. But when i make an online order, am chatting to friends via email, sending important info, i only ever archive the conversation.
Gmail have a "search my mail" function in the page, so you only need keywords(No need to scroll through the 9 years of email i have archived there)
It can be handy on occasion to do a mail search to get info you know is stored there but you can't remember when you sent/received it.
And of course, i have gone over 7GB of storage. I am currently storing over 10.5GB of emails in my Gmail account. That includes every email i have ever sent to people, including attachments and important files. So those files are still stored on the Gmail servers somewhere, and all i need to do is track down the email in question if i ever have to forward the files, without ever needing to attach them again.
It may seem silly to others on the face of it, but there's an occasion nearly every week where i have to search my mail for some info. So i find it handy, regardless of any inferred ridicule from members here or elsewhere.

It's not just for SS orders. It's for ALL emails.
To be fair, before i got a Gmail account, i used to do that very thing.
I would copy important info from emails and delete them to save space.
But when Gmail popped up and i got an account with them, with 7GB free storage, the big line they kept spouting was "You'll never need to delete an important email ever again!".
Now it has to be said i delete emails all the time. But when i make an online order, am chatting to friends via email, sending important info, i only ever archive the conversation.
Gmail have a "search my mail" function in the page, so you only need keywords(No need to scroll through the 9 years of email i have archived there)
It can be handy on occasion to do a mail search to get info you know is stored there but you can't remember when you sent/received it.
And of course, i have gone over 7GB of storage. I am currently storing over 10.5GB of emails in my Gmail account. That includes every email i have ever sent to people, including attachments and important files. So those files are still stored on the Gmail servers somewhere, and all i need to do is track down the email in question if i ever have to forward the files, without ever needing to attach them again.
It may seem silly to others on the face of it, but there's an occasion nearly every week where i have to search my mail for some info. So i find it handy, regardless of any inferred ridicule from members here or elsewhere.
I get completely get that, I just don't get why you'd archive Sideshow specific email spam?
I do save any Sideshow IM related email spam just for the cool digital art but other than that I can't think of a single good use for them. :lol

I'm probably over tired and not understanding what you're trying to drive into my thick skull. :slap

I get completely get that, I just don't get why you'd archive Sideshow specific email spam?
I do save any Sideshow IM related email spam just for the cool digital art but other than that I can't think of a single good use for them. :lol

I'm probably over tired and not understanding what you're trying to drive into my thick skull. :slap

One day, many years hence, the SS site might not exist as it does today. And the spam email links will go nowhere. But the emails, archived in my Gmail account will still be saved if i ever want to relive the glory days of my HT and SS collecting, lol.
They don't take up much room, and i have 35GB to play with right now, so i keep them.
:rotfl

I was messing with photoshop, the first in about 5 years and I edited a pic of Midas I took with my phone, came out pretty nice so I thought i would share
ytegybud.jpg

I always keep my important email, and the Mail app for Windows 8 is the best for email imo
I've archived years of emails, I dread to have to search through them all:lol

but I usually keep all the Sideshow ones just in case I need them, but I would use the website first to track orders etc

I only keep them until I have them in hand, after that I delete em, like yank said you can always just log into SS and check all your orders there.

Nice shot Bransen :hi5:

I only keep them until I have them in hand, after that I delete em, like yank said you can always just log into SS and check all your orders there.

:lecture

I do keep some the SSC emails that feature IM figures, just b/c I like to mess around and make wallpapers out of them for my PC if the pose and background are cool . :monkey3

Back