Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2lmtkl2.jpg

:yess: good thing i did not order the Hot Toys one. Will definitely PO this

2 questions: Im new to the hobby so I'm not familiar but who is Fred Barton and what'd he do to piss everyone off? and second why on this site/and occasionally on this thread, does PCS gets bashed so much? Thanks if anyone can answer!

I don't know the whole story but I guess he made the Sideshow Robocop bust and I have been reading about the problems.
Like it being Paper thin and pieces getting unglued and other issues.
And He was even shipping them with packing peanuts and saran wrap.
I guess this bust was not made in China?

Here's the thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...1-Robocop-bust/page178&highlight=robocop+bust

Not liking how his right foot is practically off the base. As it stands Enterbays is the way forward at this scale.

Rear view makes the head look awful unless the display glass is distorting it.

You mean the foot right on the edge of the base? I like that, better than being perfectly central.

please do bro. what about don't you like about it after seeing it in person?
In my opinion, there are so many things about it that's very off. The proportion of the body, shape of the helmet, face sculpt (no way near Peter Weller) shape of the armor, etc.

Disappointed with how this turned out. Not much better than the old Sideshow premium format. Glad I'm getting the Enterbay one, which looks FAR superior.

In my opinion, there are so many things about it that's very off. The proportion of the body, shape of the helmet, face sculpt (no way near Peter Weller) shape of the armor, etc.

I agree...not only does the face sculpt not look like Weller, it lacks detail in general.

That is some room for improvement. But definitely better than the sideshow ver.
I think the area to improve would be helmet and right amrpit area.

Hope POP will do something on it. I really want it badly

Quite a few negative first impressions. My first impression was 'Wow! They nailed the essence of the '87 suit better than I've seen from any other figure/statue!' The subsequent suits for R2 and R3, while cleaner and shinier, never quite lived up to the greatness of the original for me. The '87 suit always seemed to have more of a superhero physique while the R2/R3's (subtle) redesign seemed more modular and plastic-y. To me it's kinda like the comparison between the late 60's model Dodge Challenger to the recent throwback redesign, if that makes sense.
All that being said, aside from the non-Weller face sculpt attempt, I really dig it!

Quite a few negative first impressions. My first impression was 'Wow! They nailed the essence of the '87 suit better than I've seen from any other figure/statue!' The subsequent suits for R2 and R3, while cleaner and shinier, never quite lived up to the greatness of the original for me. The '87 suit always seemed to have more of a superhero physique while the R2/R3's (subtle) redesign seemed more modular and plastic-y. To me it's kinda like the comparison between the late 60's model Dodge Challenger to the recent throwback redesign, if that makes sense.
All that being said, aside from the non-Weller face sculpt attempt, I really dig it!

Yeah I love the suit and paint. Not a fan of the face but maybe it'll change before they release it for PO. I wonder what the exclusive is. Hope it's another arm or COH with the Weller likeness

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I had the SS and it was pretty nice.

I agree. I had one too and kind of regret letting it go. I especially liked the base. I know the SS version doesn't get any love, but it was nice for an older piece.

On this version I need to see more pics. But the helmet looks really off.

Back