Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n2mlp4.jpg

Last edited:
I had the SS and it was pretty nice.

Okay, I take that back a bit. After the latest pics, this is worse than the Sideshow piece. I had that Sideshow one as well (sold it over a year ago). A decent piece at the time. It did look better in person than pictures.

Well I guess I don't have to post pics anymore then...

The recent toy news pics pretty much shows all about this statue.

One of the ugliest RoboCop statue I have ever seen.

SS look better?
errr...

Well, at the time it DID, as there was nothing remotely decent to compare it against.

It hasn't aged well at all for today's newer offerings though. It does in fact look hideous. Just as bad as this.

Geez, this thing has "rush job" written all over it.
The sculpt, paint, proportions, and the Weller mouth likeness are not doing anything for me.

I really wanted to like this piece. :(

If the negative feedback continues, look for the announcement of a super-low ES. :lol

Well, at the time it DID, as there was nothing remotely decent to compare it against.

It hasn't aged well at all for today's newer offerings though. It does in fact look hideous. Just as bad as this.

I sold my SS one a while back also, but is never looked "hideous". Pretty much takes a huge robo fan to not be totally blown away.

I sold my SS one a while back also, but is never looked "hideous". Pretty much takes a huge robo fan to not be totally blown away.

Yes, it didn't at the time it was released.

It is a different story now with both HT and EB offerings, even if you hate figures you can't be that blind to see the level of perfection those have achieved.

I loved mine as well, but it looks dated and bad for today's standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it didn't at the time it was released.

It is a different story now with both HT and EB offerings, even if you hate figures you can't be that blind to see the level of perfection those have achieved.

I loved mine as well, but it looks dated and bad for today's standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree some of the newer stuff is more accurate. I was just saying that to casual movie fans, they all look killer. SS piece still looks good on its own. Plus, some people just don't do action figs so they would not care about those other ones anyway.

after more viewing on photos posted, the paintjob cant compare with EB. Pop Culture, shall u do something about it?
The helmet shape also a bit not tally

I really want it. Please help me!

If they could stuff cement in figures to give the heavy impression and make it 1/4. I am sure people would go after it, seeing how detailed HT and EB stuff are.

Wow what a let down. Like most have already stated the head looks proportionally off, too elongated. the face sculpt looks rushed..I hope they make changes. I am loving this renaissance of late thanks in part to the 2014 film and really buying up as much Robo they can put out before its another 2 decades before we get more, this however is an easy pass if they don't make some subtle yet needed changes.

Quite a few negative first impressions. My first impression was 'Wow! They nailed the essence of the '87 suit better than I've seen from any other figure/statue!' The subsequent suits for R2 and R3, while cleaner and shinier, never quite lived up to the greatness of the original for me. The '87 suit always seemed to have more of a superhero physique while the R2/R3's (subtle) redesign seemed more modular and plastic-y. To me it's kinda like the comparison between the late 60's model Dodge Challenger to the recent throwback redesign, if that makes sense.
All that being said, aside from the non-Weller face sculpt attempt, I really dig it!

Yeah I love the suit and paint. Not a fan of the face but maybe it'll change before they release it for PO. I wonder what the exclusive is. Hope it's another arm or COH with the Weller likeness

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Have to agree with Pocobor...I'm really liking it and am still preferring this pose/paint apps/base over EBs version. Maybe cos I'm not a diehard Robocop fan where I need the Weller likeness to be perfect but I'm certainly going to be PO'ing this :)

I must admit, I expected more even if it's only the first prototype. With some minor tweaks, you can have something really good. Obviously, the mouth area can be vastly improved. Then, get rid of the flat chest!! Do you remember the McFarlane 7 inch figure (on the left)?

About the pose, you can only see it like it was intended to. The left hand position will make the frontal view looks ridiculous.

2094yti.jpg
0.jpg

Based on thie comparison, the bottom part of helmet should come closer to mouth, and head should be wider. The helmet shape should be smoother

Back