Fewture/DiD 1/6 Fringe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fewture 1/6 Fringe

I don't think the olivia hs is all that bad;

Then you should have your driver's license taken away and go immediately to an eye doctor for an exam. ;) At the very lest look at the picture on a big display or zoom in. The sculpt has 0 features in common with Anna Torv. It is a random stranger.

If they made the eyes a bit bigger and the overall face a bit longer i think it'd be much closer.

I think with faces if you get one or two details wrong it can throw the whole thing off.

My two cents though, i agree it could still use work.

Peter's hair ha always looked a bit odd to me, to be honest.

The most significant flaw with the Peter sculpt is the top lip is too long (distance from nose to edge of lip).

Peter sculpt is too masculine. Olive looks nothing like the actress, at least in that pic. Walter looks really good.

Love Fringe, and I must have the Walter and Peter figures, though I really hope that isn't the final head sculpt for Olivia, otherwise that one will have to be a pass.

Walter's head is way too small. I don't know what to think of Liv right now. If the final versions look good and are well priced I may pick them up, but right now they have a long way to go.

New pic of walter, peter and...someone...

ARTSTORM_1-6_SCALE_FRINGE_WALTER_BISHOP_PETER_BISHOP_FAUXLIVIA_01.jpg

Looks like walt might be the only fig i pick up from this line.

Yep, Walter looks great, Peter is ok and Olive looks tarded.

The clothing set on "Olivia" belongs to "Fauxlivia," but regardless, the faces should otherwise be identical and that sculpt is completely off the mark.

Yikes. This makes me so sad. Walter is great. Peter looks too severe. And Olivia... poor Olivia....

Walter's head looks really small compared to his body. If the prototype is that small the production head may end up even smaller. Luckily these characters wore mostly street clothes so bashing with custom heads is an option as apposed to having to settle for these.

Which isn't going to help if these heads are in scale and it's the clothing that's tailored incorrectly. Oops. I'm not sure how that Olivia sculpt would ever get approved unless they don't have rights to using Anna Torv's likeness.

Which isn't going to help if these heads are in scale and it's the clothing that's tailored incorrectly. Oops. I'm not sure how that Olivia sculpt would ever get approved unless they don't have rights to using Anna Torv's likeness.

Anna Torv may be the problem. There are several celebrities I have heard about who are difficult to deal with when it come to signing off on portrait sculpts. Sarah Michelle Gellar always insisted that her nose be sculpted the way she wanted it to look instead of how it actually looked. Shatner is notorious for requesting changes to the point that most licensed product barely resemble him at all. Generally, Cassandra Peterson wont sign off on Elvira sculpts unless they have a slightly cartoony look to them. I'm sure if you talked to sculptors who work in the industry they could tell you plenty of other horror stories. These are a few of the ones I have heard/read about. If this is the best they can do I would rather throw my money behind a custom sculptor who could deliver some nice sculpts and source the street clothes. Since they had no special clothing or accessories these should be easy characters to bash. Plus if these three were popular enough a custom sculptor may be talked into some additional characters like Broyles and Astrid. I doubt we see them from Fewture.

Back