1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are giving away Mechanic(s) on Twitter today. I'd guess there will be more than one winner. You have a few more hours to enter.

Thanks. Just trying to help. They give out a ton of them at SDCC, I'm actually disappointed in myself that I didn't get more of them. But I think I only visited the SSC booth twice in the 5 days that we were there.

Alright I received Mechanic in today and after hours of posing him and having fun. It is truly an awesome figure. Very underrated in my opinion. I think I like it more than the Workshop version. I think it brings character to your poses and looks kick ass. Still both Tony's look awesome on Display. I will try to upload a couple of pictures tomorrow if not by the weekend I'll have something. Highly recommend you add him to the collection. I know most sell this within months but this is a huge keeper in the collection along with Workshop. Both are going no where. At this point what is left in the collection is staying.

Here's some quick pics of Tony. Enjoy!

afa3547e47ec4e3c8065fce523738194.jpg
9e5e39fa4357a5b281fb71421eb1d82e.jpg
dfa85efd027f49a2d607c14e4d6dd587.jpg
67b7314069f6665cd84e8b70f724f39c.jpg
9827b7babd209f8025dcf5e9e6b78d28.jpg
56a60ec13a94c402c36f679fc0d38715.jpg
a4fb30d7f9bb3301dfb2536408ee86c0.jpg

I originally bought this for the $50 in rewards and planed to part it out to make my money back but the more I look at the pictures the more I think I'm going to keep it.

I originally bought this for the $50 in rewards and planed to part it out to make my money back but the more I look at the pictures the more I think I'm going to keep it.

It's a really great figure. I say keep it. A lot of personality to it. Fun figure to pose and a munch of parts to use and swap out.

It's a really great figure. I say keep it. A lot of personality to it. Fun figure to pose and a munch of parts to use and swap out.

Add me to the list of people who are won over by this figure. I slowly warmed to it after watching the movie a few times and finally picked it up with the bonus rewards last week. It's definitely got personality, and I'm really taken with the hoodie/sunglasses look. There are far more parts than I will ever know what to do with, but it looks pretty cool.

The one thing I didn't expect was how short it'd be. I remember thinking my TFA Captain America was short (compared to a DX13 T-800), and Tony Stark seems shorter in comparison.

Add me to the list of people who are won over by this figure. I slowly warmed to it after watching the movie a few times and finally picked it up with the bonus rewards last week. It's definitely got personality, and I'm really taken with the hoodie/sunglasses look. There are far more parts than I will ever know what to do with, but it looks pretty cool.

The one thing I didn't expect was how short it'd be. I remember thinking my TFA Captain America was short (compared to a DX13 T-800), and Tony Stark seems shorter in comparison.
Glad I'm not the only one. Well RDJ is a short guy so it's in scale. Smallest figure I own is the DX04 Bruce Lee. They are tiny as hell.
Nice photos and congrats buddy, glad your digging him:hi5:
Thanks man! :hi5:

Just got mine. Upon first inspection, the arms are pretty stiff, a stark contrast to the looser legs. The light in the articulated hand is nice and bright too. Haven't checked the Arc Reactor yet though. I don't want to undress him just yet... or at all to be honest.

Nice figure. I might use the 49 bucks in rewards I got on Mark 42.

Just got mine. Upon first inspection, the arms are pretty stiff, a stark contrast to the looser legs. The light in the articulated hand is nice and bright too. Haven't checked the Arc Reactor yet though. I don't want to undress him just yet... or at all to be honest.

Nice figure. I might use the 49 bucks in rewards I got on Mark 42.

Definitely keep an eye on it for a while if you test out the Arc Reactor. It took around a week from initially turning it on, until it just stayed on even in the off position.
Has anyone had any paint issues from the sunglasses onto the face like the instructions warned?

Definitely keep an eye on it for a while if you test out the Arc Reactor. It took around a week from initially turning it on, until it just stayed on even in the off position.
Has anyone had any paint issues from the sunglasses onto the face like the instructions warned?

Taking out the batteries would solve that issue right? If it happens I figure that's what I'll do, since I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it to sideshow.

Thanks for the advice!:)

Glad I'm not the only one. Well RDJ is a short guy so it's in scale. Smallest figure I own is the DX04 Bruce Lee. They are tiny as hell.

Thanks for the reminder; I keep forgetting about the scale (and how a few inches in real life translates to more than a few millimeters with these figures).

I'm actually curious about the sunglasses issue as well. I remember reading about it when the figure first came out, so I got all nervous and put some tissue paper in between the sunglasses and head to avoid any paint coming off. Thankfully I keep the hood up to hide all of that. But have people had any issues with the sunglasses yet?

And just to join the picture party, here's my current Mechanic pose (pardon the background clutter... I don't have a dedicated display area yet):
IMG_20140821_143007 (1).jpg

Back