Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine came today from sideshow, unfortunately it looks like it has a busted neck joint. Called them to get a replacement :(
View attachment 103965

Looks like somebody on the production line didn't glue the adaptor ring into the base of the neck. An easy fix but if they send you a replacement head then that's cool - other than the inconvenience.

Some pics of mine

917058_283011131858825_308555696_n.jpg

10249167_1440878336157741_1487840879_n.jpg

5d652516c43a11e3b31b0002c9549458_8.jpg

f09adb06c43911e3be600002c9926ab4_8.jpg

7ceaac3ac43a11e39a1d0002c9549d86_8.jpg

If I glue the neck post to the adapter ring would I be able to remove the neck together with the ring now? Or do you think it will always be like this if I try to remove the head sculpt?

If I glue the neck post to the adapter ring would I be able to remove the neck together with the ring now? Or do you think it will always be like this if I try to remove the head sculpt?

I would remove the neck ring that is attached to the neck post then glue the neck ring inside the head and attach it to the neck post after its set up. You could use a hair dryer to warm up the neck before re-attaching to the post or just pop in back on to the neck post. I've had this happen before but with the old AVP preds, nothing recent. I would warm up the ring thats stuck on the adaptor first before removing it though, it will probably be much easier to do after its warm.

mine came today from sideshow, unfortunately it looks like it has a busted neck joint. Called them to get a replacement :(
View attachment 103965

I would be suprised if Sideshow gave you a replacement head, as its not technically broken in that pic. All you have to do is take the rubber ring off the neck adapter and glue it inside the head, I have had to do that with a few of my kitbash figures, but never one right out the box.
They probably forgot to glue it in place at the factory.

I nearly canceled mine on a few occasions but stuck with it...ive not modded it at all and I really think its great..mine is in a dark corner in my man cave and looks really well...I think by day or in the light the figure just isnt the same..I dont think anything can be done about that.
I do think the sculpt is Lee but like everyone else would have liked a non smiley face.

I started to repaint mine. I wanted a lot more detail in the face, as I thought it too perfect, I also stripped some of it back to skin to get some tone coming through..
began to add streaking water on face. lot more to do...
WIP

Incredible work! So lifelike it's stunning! What body are you using, Rory?

I received the Crow a couple weeks ago and I have to say that, despite a few tiny shortcomings, he's an imposing presence on the shelf. Will be one of the central pieces in my collection for a long time. :)

I received the Crow a couple weeks ago and I have to say that, despite a few tiny shortcomings, he's an imposing presence on the shelf. Will be one of the central pieces in my collection for a long time. :)

That's how I feel, something just won't let me dislike it even with the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 103965

UPDATE: I glued the ring around the neck, it did get connected but everytime you turn it it feels like it's going to pop out again. Emailed sideshow and they said they were kind enough to send me a new head sculpt.

UPDATE: I glued the ring around the neck, it did get connected but everytime you turn it it feels like it's going to pop out again. Emailed sideshow and they said they were kind enough to send me a new head sculpt.

Sweet - Do you have to return or destroy the original head?

Sweet - Do you have to return or destroy the original head?

No, They said I could keep it, I went to eBay and tried looking for Draven parts and it cost me $76 for the body w/ shirt, pants, boots and stand. Now I can have a 2nd Drven without a coat. :)

Back