Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I wish they would have put a better muscular body on him with a sculpted neck and taylored the clothes better. He looks good with the coat on but odd without it.

I might do a video review on this figure so i can vent a little lol. HT really cut a lot of corners with this figure. Its worth about 150 tops. I don't hate it but the body is horrible. The Velcro in the back of his pants ripped off and i didn't even touch it, its not the best quality figure especially for 230 shipped. The wires in the coat make it look like complete ****. The holes in the jacket look fake and there are too many. The hair is too short. I mean they could even get a good piece of string for the ring??? Its pathetic!

I think Hot Toys rushed this one way to quick. Considering they released it right before Brandon Lee's birthday.

CrowToy.jpgBrandon Lee has been gone for 21 years as of today. Thank you for bringing this character to life while you were here.

Love and loathe this guy - I mean he's The Crow!! But somehow beyond the underlying headsculpt there's not much here that I love, even the old Neca figures managed to include the scar. And all of the faux-leather just seems too thick (I've kit-bashed figures using "leather" bits from Dragon that hang better than this...)

Gah I'm gonna keep him - after all he is The Crow - the likeness is fab. I just wish he was more ...finished

I have to be honest, I'm feeling this figure less and less as time goes by. Other stuff is coming out that's way more promising and the last thing I want is to spend even more money trying to make this into what it should've been. Now that I'm out of the new-and-exciting-unboxing phase, it really is just a "meh" release for me.

Removed the wires from the coat and painted the lips. Its an improvement. Still needs a lot of modding... Not sure if i am talented enough though. The body and foot joints are so horrible, foot joints pop out a lot. Anyway, enjoy!

Can't rain all the time.
IMAG0502.jpg

Not a good day to be a bad guy huh, Skank?
IMAG0506.jpg

I have to be honest, I'm feeling this figure less and less as time goes by. Other stuff is coming out that's way more promising and the last thing I want is to spend even more money trying to make this into what it should've been. Now that I'm out of the new-and-exciting-unboxing phase, it really is just a "meh" release for me.

Dude, i hated and regretted buying it even before i got it. Once it came i knew it was a mistake. HT really screwed the fans, they cut so many corners but this is basically the only "Eric Draven" 1/6 figure out there so it was this or nothing. Its my least favorite figure. It needs so many mods once you strip this thing down all is left are the hands and face sculpt. Its not even worth it. I want to sell it and i don't sell any of my figures lol oh well. However the film is probably in my top 3 of all time.

Yea, I took the wires out of my Crow's coat except the collar, put the long feet pegs on him and I was lucky enough to get Seb to do a real-hair mod for me so I will be very happy with my set once I get the head back but there is a lot you have do to make the figure look better - HT definately rushed the figure and didn't go all out on him - don't even get me started on that body - lol.

The head sculpt minus the hair is pretty good though, they could've done a few more things here and there and this could've been a great figure. I think the coat without the wires is much, much better but still not up to par for HT.

Removed the wires from the coat and painted the lips. Its an improvement. Still needs a lot of modding... Not sure if i am talented enough though. The body and foot joints are so horrible, foot joints pop out a lot. Anyway, enjoy!

Can't rain all the time.
IMAG0502.jpg

Not a good day to be a bad guy huh, Skank?
IMAG0506.jpg

Yea, I took the wires out of my Crow's coat except the collar, put the long feet pegs on him and I was lucky enough to get Seb to do a real-hair mod for me so I will be very happy with my set once I get the head back but there is a lot you have do to make the figure look better - HT definately rushed the figure and didn't go all out on him - don't even get me started on that body - lol.

The head sculpt minus the hair is pretty good though, they could've done a few more things here and there and this could've been a great figure. I think the coat without the wires is much, much better but still not up to par for HT.

I am looking forward to seeing your custom head sculpt with the hair. I agree with everything you said. The body is just so bad. So much is wrong with it. I could go on for days about this figure but like you said you can salvage some of it lol. Face sculpt is very good but it comes down to bad quality and decisions. The expression was also a pretty bad choice, a flatter expression would have been better for posing him. The material is pretty cheap and do you see the holes in the coat??? I could cut better looking damage blind folded. I will say though probably the best thing about the "figure set" is The Crow it self. Very nice sculpt and paint job. The Stand for the actual Crow is just.. I have no feeling on it. Its just so basic.

Here is a bump for the fantastic work Rorywan was doing totally revamping the Crow with real hair, new body and lots of other improvements. It really shows how good the sculpt is with the real hair and the body upgrade really adds a lot as well.

This was buried a few pages back so I wanted to bump it so everyone new to the thread could see it.

Well done Rory and I'm hoping my real hair mod comes out as great as yours! I was lucky to get an incredible artist and customizer to do mine for me so I'm sure it will.

@WarlockH281 - the jacket material and holes were definately not the top of the line material or effort from HT. I enjoyed working on mine a lot though and doing little things to improve the overall look since this movie was a favorite of mine.

Gungfu!

:rock great to see you here man!
I did a bit of work on hair and body, still not finished.
Here are some of the pics..

Last edited:
mine came today from sideshow, unfortunately it looks like it has a busted neck joint. Called them to get a replacement :(
web.jpg

Back