GI Joe 3 rumors with Jon Chu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cobra La can't be any worse than what the last two movies had in them.

People always make fun of the Ninja Force figures, but want to see Joe movies full of ninjas. Go figure.

Nam hit on something a while back that GIJoe should have been introduced as the special forces team in the Transformers films. That would have been a kewl startup.

Nam hit on something a while back that GIJoe should have been introduced as the special forces team in the Transformers films. That would have been a kewl startup.

Appearently this WAS the idea at some point, however someone was resistant. I belive it was Steven Sommers who didn't want to do it, so the JOes in ROTF became NEST.

Let's face it . . .

It is what it is for better or worse . . . or even more worse.

To me . . . the ideal live action GI JOE film would have been an updated version of the first issue of the Marvel Comic series that would introduce COBRA & GI JOE and set the stage for future films, but I digress.

They need to reboot this series.

This franchise needs an enema.

Indeed.

They are making more of these :dunno

Still haven't seen the first one.

Don't watch them. They are horrible. They are "Spirit/Daredevil/Elektra/Catwoman/Superman Returns" level of horrible. Really crappy movies.

I never understood how they could miss the mark so much with G.I.*Joe. Hollywood has done thousands of movies of the military genre over the years, so how hard could it be to have at least some level of minimal accuracy to the looks and concepts of the characters?

I only seen the first movie, and it was a complete disgrace. Not interested in watching the second one. Missed it at the theaters, and not even thinking of watching it online.

The stupid hi-tech armors, Marlon Wayans as Ripcord, the stupid look for Cobra Commander, none of my favorite characters (no Flint, no Lady Jaye, no Shipwreck... ), and a very poor "script", if you can call it that.

This franchise SERIOUSLY needs a reboot. There's no redeeming qualities in it.

My dream teaser for a GI Joe movie was always this:

(Black screen, loud humming...)

(Hydraulic sound, then a bright light slowly cuts the dark screen and grows, revealing to the audience a C-130 transport rear door opening)

(The C-130 is flying over a jungle zone with random explosions going off in the air and on the ground by forces unseen)

(Five silhouetted soldiers with parachutes, one obviously a woman, step up to the back ramp)

(Above the roar of the C-130 and the explosions, the center character raises an arm and yells): "Yo Joe!"

(All five members jump out of the C-130)

(Screen goes black, then GI Joe logo fades in):

"GI Joe"
"Summer"

So.... if Chu backs out, I'll gladly write or direct that bad boy for frickin' free.

And I promise: only 2 ninjas, no characters past 1985, and no frickin' Acceleration Suits.

"And I promise: only 2 ninjas, no characters past 1985, and no frickin' Acceleration Suits."

Hey! I like this better than the first flick already!

I wish they would take the source material just a little more seriously with these movies, but Transformers showed the producers that you can produce idiotic, lowest-common-denominator fare, and people will eat it up. So the GI Joe franchise is still trying its best to appeal to that demographic that is really into the terrible Transformers movies. Be nice if they realized the audiences for well made comic movies like Avengers and Dark Knight would also be interested in Joe movies if they didn't suck.

Indeed.

Don't watch them. They are horrible. They are "Spirit/Daredevil/Elektra/Catwoman/Superman Returns" level of horrible. Really crappy movies.

I never understood how they could miss the mark so much with G.I.*Joe. Hollywood has done thousands of movies of the military genre over the years, so how hard could it be to have at least some level of minimal accuracy to the looks and concepts of the characters?

I only seen the first movie, and it was a complete disgrace. Not interested in watching the second one. Missed it at the theaters, and not even thinking of watching it online.

The stupid hi-tech armors, Marlon Wayans as Ripcord, the stupid look for Cobra Commander, none of my favorite characters (no Flint, no Lady Jaye, no Shipwreck... ), and a very poor "script", if you can call it that.

This franchise SERIOUSLY needs a reboot. There's no redeeming qualities in it.

It's kinda sorta getting one. i'd say tehy 1/2 rebooted it with the recent one, and a possible full reboot with teh next one, from what it sounds like.

I WILL say the recent one was LOADS better than the first one. IT was still bad, but it wasn't AS bad as the last one. Hell, it was better than MOST of the transformers movies, and only had 3 named ninjas. Yes, it had ALOT of red cobra ninjas for snake eyes to kill, but then so did Silent interlude.

I wish they would take the source material just a little more seriously with these movies, but Transformers showed the producers that you can produce idiotic, lowest-common-denominator fare, and people will eat it up. So the GI Joe franchise is still trying its best to appeal to that demographic that is really into the terrible Transformers movies. Be nice if they realized the audiences for well made comic movies like Avengers and Dark Knight would also be interested in Joe movies if they didn't suck.

We CAN dream, but alas. that is all it is for now, a dream.

Back