Statue Weta Workshop's Tauriel Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to admit, a small part of my rationale in getting it is because my fiancé has bothered me about not having enough cool female characters in my collection. I keep trying to tell her that Samus Aran counts but she won't listen. Also thought Evangeline Lily did a great job as Tauriel and am a fan of hers in general. If I keep it, it will go with my only other Weta piece, Azog!

I have statue 189, and it looks so different from the Tauriel you received. My does not have any gold on the arm vambraces, nor in her hair. Plus, the colors on the branch are more muted. :(I love the way yours looks compared to the one I received.

I have statue 189, and it looks so different from the Tauriel you received. My does not have any gold on the arm vambraces, nor in her hair. Plus, the colors on the branch are more muted. :(I love the way yours looks compared to the one I received.

Depents on how you take the pictures.
There are some beautyful pictures on this forum,but there have used color special effects on their digital photo's.
Realise that!!!

9hkpr6.jpg

178tfs.jpg

This is the best I can do for you now,to show what mine looks like.
She's got gold.
I know there handpainted,but she's talking about No gold at all?

9hkpr6.jpg

178tfs.jpg

This is the best I can do for you now,to show what mine looks like.
She's got gold.
I know there handpainted,but she's talking about No gold at all?

The pictures provided on here by Wise Yoda show that the scroll work on the arm braces should be gold, mine are plain brown. Same thing with her hair, it looks like she should have threads of gold here and there, mine has literally 2 little dashes of gold where the braids start on either side of her head.

Gold doesn't seem to show up as much in those daylight pics. Perhaps your statue is fine Pixie.

And at bbts too... mine is still sitting in my PoL. Was going to wait until the end of the year to ship, but I always get nervous when something in my PoL sells out since BBST has been known once in a while to sell and ship something that was supposed to be reserved for you.

I thought I might of had more time to grab it from BBTS. Bah.

It was available at the discount price for a good long while... like 3 or 4 months. Maybe more. You should be able to find one at the same price somewhere, ebay perhaps.

I bookmarked it. I think because it was there for that long at a discounted price, I kinda didn't prioritise it, & figured it might be there when I was ready to purchase. I don't really collect LotR/Hobbit things, but I liked this statue. Perhaps I'll find it on eBay for a good price, but I'd rather buy from an online store I'm familiar with. Maybe another day.

Back